babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can I fit a full-size spare wheel anyhow? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Can I fit a full-size spare wheel anyhow? (/Thread-Can-I-fit-a-full-size-spare-wheel-anyhow)

Can I fit a full-size spare wheel anyhow? - j7david - 07-01-2013 12:26pm

Just wondering if anyone knows if I remove all the polystyrene from under the boot floor, will a full-size wheel+tyre fit in there?

Or has anyone made any sort of accessory/attachment to carry 1-2 spares on the back?

Thinking of moving to Kenya in a year or two, shipping the Evoque over there for £800ish (they sell new for about 100% markup on UK price, so crazy to try to buy even a second-hand one, but no import duty for returning residents), but not having a real spare isn't ideal. If there's no elegant option, it'll go in the boot or on the roof.

RE: Can I fit a full-size spare wheel anyhow? - PhilSkill - 07-01-2013 03:08pm

I'm sure if you make your own inserts you could raise the floor of the boot space over a full size wheel in the bootwell or make a shaped floor section that goes over the wheel.

RE: Can I fit a full-size spare wheel anyhow? - mark_n - 07-01-2013 05:11pm

Buy the roof rack and the baggage basket and carry them in that. I think fitting them in the back would be a nightmare.