babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
MPG... What's the problem? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: MPG... What's the problem? (/Thread-MPG-What-s-the-problem)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

MPG... What's the problem? - ceebee - 06-01-2013 07:05pm

Maybe worth mentioning if members with the poor mpg have the panoramic roof fitted as apparently it is very heavy?

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Asty - 06-01-2013 07:23pm

If the cost of low emissions and "fake" good fuel economy at 55mph is poor real world mpg, that is a positive when considering a company car (with fuel card). I'm sure it's all just a game of numbers nowadays, and screw the private buyer.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - wavey.dave - 07-01-2013 03:59pm

(06-01-2013 07:05pm)ceebee Wrote:  Maybe worth mentioning if members with the poor mpg have the panoramic roof fitted as apparently it is very heavy?

This could be a good point actually!

I do have the pano roof.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - gw76 - 07-01-2013 05:47pm

I don't and mine is still shocking ( currently barely 20mpg mixed) Si4 5 door

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - dondon - 09-01-2013 02:29pm

hi there, it seems to be a large gap between the manufacturer numbers and real. As i reed the brochure and diesel according to LR is doing 5.7 l/100km mixt on a TD4 manual, I manage that number with Golf 6 1.6 TDI. love the evoque but hate the fuel consumption.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Evofirenze - 09-01-2013 05:42pm

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Panoramic, with 16000km in 6 months!
Same problem with mine and it went up even more this winter! Sad
I asked a Land rover dealer in Berlin, and he actually confirmed that during winter, it is to be expected...
Something I agree with but 17.x L/100km [car reading] –in the City- that is ridiculous!! It is way more than my V8 Touareg!
He asked me to bring the car in for a checkup and ECU software upgrade. He seems to think that the new software might improve the consumption. I am currently sitting on: 3366_120109.

I am seriously thinking to tune my Evoque up and Increase the torque, though with my old gal heavy foot... I am afraid it would go even higher on Motorway! Smile

I keep you updated on the software upgrade and its "improvements"

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - dondon - 09-01-2013 06:22pm

17% is huge even if is winter outside but all depend on the driving mode.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - markwiggy - 09-01-2013 10:59pm

My average is about 31 over the last 4,000 miles which is a mixture of driving. 7 mile commute in very light traffic I see about 28mpg, motorway 80 mile trip at 70mph I will see about 40-42mpg if I do the same trip at 80-85 it will drop to 32-34mpg, not good and know we're near the official figures. Oh and I do have the pano roof, car has now covered nearly 8k. I am very disappointed with the mpg as I got rid of my Audi S3 for poor mpg, but that made up for it with the great performance. I am hopefully that I will see a big improvement in the summer months ( rainy season) fingers crossed.

Mark

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Evofirenze - 10-01-2013 12:46pm

The Range Rover I took my car to called and said after a series of driving test, the Diags show high numbers than normal. According to them, It is -apparently- faster than normal Si4!! Go figure!
He was wondering if I tuned it or not!! LOL Which I did not!

They are going to apply the new software today.

My hunch is either sensors are off somewhere in my vehicle or there is a glitch somewhere in ECM/software.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Evofirenze - 10-01-2013 03:02pm

Update! Update!

The car is ready for pick up! According to my Range Rover Technician the problem was with the software. They did not have to change any part [sensors, etc] and only upgraded the software.

They test drove it and performed some more Diags -after the upgrade- AND now it is averaging 10.5l/100km.
Huge drop from 17-18l/100km. Read: "RELIEF... AWESOME"! Yaay! Smile
BTW all is covered by the warranty.

I will report back in the next days on my numbers.

PS: Happy New Year to y'all! Enjoy your Evoque as much as I am. Smile