babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - IKM - 10-03-2013 04:13pm

My car will now have to be booked in for this alarm behaviour. I heard it loud and clear this afternoon at home with no other cars in the vicinity. Drat!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 10-03-2013 07:39pm

Bugger! Mine has been going off in the night, 2:30am this morning! I didn't think it was my car as it has no flashing lights, but reading this tread and hearing an alarm I went outside and unlocked the car, and yep it was my brand new RRE causing the noise. Just 84 miles on the clock!

I have left it single locked but will also look at turning the sensors off on the menu! I'll watch this thread with interest.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 10-03-2013 07:48pm

My car had only done 800 miles, Single locking and turning off the sensors did not make any difference to mine dispute what the dealership first said. It is all software related according to LR, the fix is ready to download to my car Monday I hope it works. My car is stopping at the garage for couple of days After monday to make sure the software update fixes the issue. I suggest you get it into a dealer and tell them to call LR technical. If I can help just ask.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 10-03-2013 08:32pm

(10-03-2013 07:48pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  My car had only done 800 miles, Single locking and turning off the sensors did not make any difference to mine dispute what the dealership first said. It is all software related according to LR, the fix is ready to download to my car Monday I hope it works. My car is stopping at the garage for couple of days After monday to make sure the software update fixes the issue. I suggest you get it into a dealer and tell them to call LR technical. If I can help just ask.

Let us all know what they do, In my experience with LR dealerships very few have a clue what they are on about!

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 10-03-2013 09:28pm

It's... the battery. Tell them Homer Simpson said so. Or Occam, if you need an Englishman? Just employ "Occam's Razor". It's almost never wrong.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 10-03-2013 11:05pm

LR uk are doing the update not the dealership.

RE: Alarm behaviour - CRC@LandRover - 11-03-2013 02:47pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have today been in contact with our engineering department; this concern has been escalated to the highest level to ensure we get a speedy resolution and is currently still under investigation, as we are aware of the dissatisfaction this is causing with our customers.

I will of course keep you all updated with any information I receive so you’re all kept in the loop. Should you wish to discuss further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,
Liam

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 11-03-2013 05:00pm

(10-03-2013 11:05pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  LR uk are doing the update not the dealership.

But doing WHAT update? Charging system? And would love to know the ratio of alarm failures, diesel to non-diesel cars. At the moment, this seems to be nearly a non-issue in the US where we all have petrol engines. I'm thinking, of course, of cranking power requirements, which are much higher on diesel cars.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 11-03-2013 08:48pm

Dealership confirmed that LR have put the new software on my car today and it seems to have solved the issues. When I asked if it had solved the one at the factory he said "yes so far". Mine is one of two cars at the dealership which they are monitoring for a couple of days before we collect them. I did ask if it was a new software version, not a role back or patch and he said yes a new version. Fingers crossed.

I am a bit confused why Liam has said they are still looking into it! Liam could you clarify?

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 11-03-2013 09:03pm

I have not yet informed the dealer of my alarm problem (80 miles on the clock)! if there is no fix or one the have only just sent to dealer I thought I'd wait and see the replies here.

Any advice? Should I at lease report the problem and see what they say?

Brian