babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - MarkLondon - 14-02-2013 10:19am

Worth a try.

It still puzzles me why we get different messages in the service menu though. To me, it looks like the fault is deeper than the alarm sensors.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Evo-king - 14-02-2013 09:24pm

(12-02-2013 06:37pm)cjfp Wrote:  I PM'd Liam this morning and he kindly called me this afternoon. LR are aware of this alarm issue and are working on it with high priority. He hopes to have more information/resolution shortly and will get back to me / the forum soon.

cjfp.

It has been reported elsewhere that they (LR) are taking this seriously, with Senior LR execs cracking the whip on this problem.

If this is correct, I think it is good they they pay attention to the Forums, Nick before and now Liam must have these forums open all day monitoring dialogue.

In that respect the only thing that puzzles me is how they prioritize a known fault/weakness, because if there is a problem it will be discussed on here.

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 15-02-2013 07:12pm

(14-02-2013 09:24pm)Evo-king Wrote:  cjfp.

It has been reported elsewhere that they (LR) are taking this seriously, with Senior LR execs cracking the whip on this problem.

If this is correct, I think it is good they they pay attention to the Forums, Nick before and now Liam must have these forums open all day monitoring dialogue.

In that respect the only thing that puzzles me is how they prioritize a known fault/weakness, because if there is a problem it will be discussed on here.

Liam called me today to update. You are correct that LR are taking this seriously and he apologises that not all the dealers are 'singing from the same hymn sheet'. There is an LR MD involved (following a customer letter of complaint direct to that MD) and they have 'one of their top technicians' on it, working on a car that they have at Gayford and another at a dealer. They still do not have a solution but are putting in as much effort as they can and hope to have one shortly. He will call me again next week to update.
[Just been over to EOC and I see that a number of you from this site are registered there too and are discussing this exact same issue with a whole bunch of others - it far more widespread than I thought!]

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 19-02-2013 08:08pm

Collected car on the 18th Jan 2013. Had a few false alarms about 7:30 in the morning, then 3am last night. Just alarm no lights etc. Sending it back to the dealers for them to look into, they are not aware of a problem!

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 21-02-2013 03:55pm

Have just received a call from Liam. They believe that have identified the issue and have made adjustments but they cannot release any more comment until it has been fully tested - Liam hopes that they can provide further information in a week.

RE: Alarm behaviour - broady43 - 22-02-2013 11:46pm

I have double locked mine ever since and have not had a problem.

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 24-02-2013 10:10am

mine has been single locked and double locked and has gone off.
I'm not sure that's the issue Neutral

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 24-02-2013 11:11am

I tried single locking and didn't have a problem (but that's no proof). I am now dbl locking but have turned off alarm sensors in the menu - no problems so far, but again that's no proof.

RE: Alarm behaviour - doug - 24-02-2013 11:52am

Members with there alarm sounding in the middle of the night.
1. Have you got the pan roof with the blind open?
2. Are you parked outside?

Just a ideal, but was thinking about wild life (cats) walking across the roof Question

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 24-02-2013 12:01pm

Yes and yes. No obvious wildlife prints on car though.