babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 08-04-2013 09:52pm

After all the hassle of being woken at all times of the night I have now made the decision not to lock my car! I just hope that 'fix' can be uploaded to my car ASAP. Garage are not sure when it will be available or even when they can fit me in.

Could this be the most expensive alarm clock ever?

RE: Alarm behaviour - Kojak - 08-04-2013 09:57pm

I don't think thats gonna help.

Unless you have somehow disabled the auto locking?

However...it's available to dealers right now, maybe you need to hurry them along.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 08-04-2013 10:06pm

(08-04-2013 09:57pm)Kojak Wrote:  I don't think thats gonna help.

However...it's available to dealers right now, maybe you need to hurry them along.

Take a look at my posts! Stratstone in Cardiff could not organise a ???? up in a Brewery! Seriously thinking of going to Stratstone in Swansea to get it sorted!

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 08-04-2013 10:21pm

(08-04-2013 09:57pm)Kojak Wrote:  I don't think thats gonna help.

Doesnt auto lock only come in play if you dont open a door within 40secs of unlocking the door, hence easily leaving car unlocked ?

RE: Alarm behaviour - Kojak - 08-04-2013 10:59pm

(08-04-2013 10:21pm)cjfp Wrote:  Doesnt auto lock only come in play if you dont open a door within 40secs of unlocking the door, hence easily leaving car unlocked ?
You may be right....
That could be what i'm thinking...... good job I've never decided to leave it to its own devices then.

RE: Alarm behaviour - heronb - 09-04-2013 03:07am

(08-04-2013 10:06pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  Take a look at my posts! Stratstone in Cardiff could not organise a ???? up in a Brewery! Seriously thinking of going to Stratstone in Swansea to get it sorted!

hhhmm good luck.
If it was me (and I hope it isnt when I get my car) I'd try a different outfit altogether.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 10-04-2013 05:28pm

Well Stratstone should have telephoned me to take my car in for the upgrade today and I think you all know what happened!! Yep no one telephoned me.

Is there anyone out there who have had this update?

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 10-04-2013 07:12pm

me.
Just got the car back, they also changed the 'sounder' hardware too.
Will report back if I hear anything (literally).... ironically in the 3 weeks the dealer had the car it was apparently good as gold.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 11-04-2013 09:12pm

Liam
As suggested I contacted the dealer after Monday to establish if my car needed the newer update as my car was a test car regarding the alarm issues. The dealership called me today and said they had no communication from LR and asked me to ask you how they are going to be told.

This does not fill me with confidence, can you please advise who the dealership contact, or make contact with The service manager at Farnell Guiseley to inform them what's going on.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Evo-king - 11-04-2013 10:08pm

Dear All.

I have ripped this from the other RRE forum.

"Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise on behalf of Land Rover for the recent concern regarding the alarm system on the evoque. I understand that this has caused great frustration amongst owners, their families and their neighbours.

I appreciate that some owners have been advised by the dealerships that they are unaware of the fix. I can assure you that the software update is available and has been communicated to the dealership network through standard procedure. I will be contacting highlighted dealerships who appear to be unaware of the update, ensuring that they understand where to find it and questioning why they haven’t investigated customers concerns appropriately.

Anyone who does not require my assistance regarding the issue would be urged to quote service action Q261 to the dealer which can be found on the DDW system and topiX."

Kelly LR Customer Services.

It really is time this problem was laid to rest.

Hope this helps.