babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 19-03-2013 09:17pm

It seems to have solved the problem with mine, apparently available to all dealerships as far as they know. I have to say that Farnell Guiseley have been brilliant. Glad to get my car back, can hopefully start to enjoy it now.

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 19-03-2013 10:01pm

Did they say what the 'fix' 'fixed' ?

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 20-03-2013 08:55am

The service team leader said it was a fix to sort out issues with the alarm battery back up module, when pushed about if it was a beta version he did not really understand what I was talking about. I get the impression that he plugged the car into the network, and LR did the rest remotely. Didn't go off last night Smile

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 20-03-2013 10:31am

(20-03-2013 08:55am)Offroadstu Wrote:  The service team leader said it was a fix to sort out issues with the alarm battery back up module, when pushed about if it was a beta version he did not really understand what I was talking about. I get the impression that he plugged the car into the network, and LR did the rest remotely. Didn't go off last night Smile

Alarm battery in a CANBUS seems to have a built in trickle charger that takes its power from the main battery. That way it can keep working (or go off) if the main power is cut or goes low. If it's a fix for this, which side of the system is defective?

Alarm behaviour again - Nantmoel - 22-03-2013 09:32am

I must ring the dealer today to see if they can now download the software update! It went off at 6:15 last night and 5:15 this morning!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Philmaboots - 22-03-2013 09:46pm

New to the forum but had the car only six days from new and the alarm has gone off 5 times during the night and early evening for no apparent reason! No flashing lights either and worried that I have to unlock the car to cancel the alarm or am I missing a trick?

Will speak to the dealer tomorrow as its getting a bit embarrassing and with the amount of money spent a bit disappointing but otherwise love the car to bits!!

I'll keep you posted.

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 23-03-2013 04:51am

(22-03-2013 09:46pm)Philmaboots Wrote:  New to the forum but had the car only six days from new and the alarm has gone off 5 times during the night and early evening for no apparent reason! No flashing lights either and worried that I have to unlock the car to cancel the alarm or am I missing a trick?

Will speak to the dealer tomorrow as its getting a bit embarrassing and with the amount of money spent a bit disappointing but otherwise love the car to bits!!

I'll keep you posted.

Which engine and model?

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 23-03-2013 09:35pm

Well I telephone the dealer yesterday, it took another three 'forwarded' calls to speak to the same lady! SHe assured me that 'Stephen' would definitely call me back as soon he was back at his desk. Well it never happened - I will ring them again on Monday.

RE: Alarm behaviour - IKM - 23-03-2013 09:41pm

(23-03-2013 09:35pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  Well I telephone the dealer yesterday, it took another three 'forwarded' calls to speak to the same lady! SHe assured me that 'Stephen' would definitely call me back as soon he was back at his desk. Well it never happened - I will ring them again on Monday.
Sounds typical. Ask Liam at LR customer service if he can chase your dealer up (send him a PM). Why do you have to spend your time doing it. I'm completely fed up with this type of after sales service myself!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 25-03-2013 03:28pm

Well I took the advice here and contacted Liam via a PM, he needed some information from me and then telephoned me to explain that they have a working 'fix' but the full software update will be around the end of April. He then contacted the dealer and arrange for them to come and pick my car up and apply the temporary fix.

I agree that we should not have to contact people like Liam, I'm a little pissed off with them not ringing me back! £44K on a car and they don't give two hoots - I feel sorry for those who spend £100K on a FFRR.

A BIG BIG thanks to Liam.