babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 13-03-2013 06:10pm

Try turning off alarm sensors in drivers menu and then double locking.

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 13-03-2013 06:31pm

Try dancing on the roof naked while squeezing a dead mole over your head at the same time singing "Rule, Britannia!" Attach pics!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 13-03-2013 06:54pm

It's nothing to do with locking or sensors, it goes off regardless of how you set these. It's a software bug which needs to be rectified with the new software update LR have just applied to a few test vehicles. The software was put on my car on Monday and according to the dealers the alarm has not activated since, which it was before. I hope to get my car back tomorrow and will keep you all updated.

If you have not raised it with you dealership I suggest you get it booked in to resolve, LR will provide you with an equal vehicle while yours is being updated.

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 13-03-2013 06:58pm

Something must trigger it though - as far as I am aware, mine went off at night a number of times (5 - 8 ) during late jan / feb but I haven't heard it in the past few weeks

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 14-03-2013 07:39pm

I'm not sure I believe them but I was told it was when something landed on the rain sensor!

RE: Alarm behaviour - MyFirstRR - 14-03-2013 08:57pm

(14-03-2013 07:39pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  I'm not sure I believe them but I was told it was when something landed on the rain sensor!

Bit sceptical of that reason as my alarm has frequently gone off while locked in a garage, don't think anything would have triggered the rain sensor. Its been out in the snow and rain all this week and strangely the alarm hasn't gone off, or at least I haven't heard it! Shame the rain sensors aren't better at responding to rain, my last car's auto wipers were great, tend to do manual with the RRE as its never right (I know there are other threads on this, so will bear with it). Do they think your alarm is now sorted?

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 14-03-2013 09:27pm

Mine goes in on Sunday for 3 weeks.
Should be ample test time for them!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 14-03-2013 09:38pm

(14-03-2013 09:27pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Mine goes in on Sunday for 3 weeks.
Should be ample test time for them!

Christ 3 weeks just to do a 1 hour upload of software! Bet they build one in less time. Show the dealer this website! I did, you'll be surprised how their outlook on a fix is.

RE: Alarm behaviour - IKM - 14-03-2013 10:07pm

(14-03-2013 07:39pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  I'm not sure I believe them but I was told it was when something landed on the rain sensor!
But surely then it wouldn't just be the alarm that goes off, it'd be flashing indicators etc as well. Sorry, but I think they're speaking nonsense.

I've held off phoning LRA to get a loan car and leaving mine at the dealer to fix, as none of Enterprise LRs have winter tyres fitted, and we've had a hell of a week of snow and ice. It may also start snowing heavily again next week.

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 14-03-2013 10:31pm

(14-03-2013 09:38pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  Christ 3 weeks just to do a 1 hour upload of software!
Going on holiday mate - Free secure parking Laughing