babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - Kojak - 11-03-2013 09:08pm

(11-03-2013 09:03pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  I have not yet informed the dealer of my alarm problem (80 miles on the clock)! if there is no fix or one the have only just sent to dealer I thought I'd wait and see the replies here.

Any advice? Should I at lease report the problem and see what they say?

Brian

Absolutely. You need to register the fault pronto!
Imagine if nobody had bothered?

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 11-03-2013 10:05pm

(11-03-2013 02:47pm)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have today been in contact with our engineering department; this concern has been escalated to the highest level to ensure we get a speedy resolution and is currently still under investigation, as we are aware of the dissatisfaction this is causing with our customers.

I will of course keep you all updated with any information I receive so you’re all kept in the loop. Should you wish to discuss further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,
Liam

Dear Liam,

While you're consulting the higher authorities, you might ask why this does not appear to be an issue in the USA where, I believe, we have more cars... but no diesels.

Appreciate your attention.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 12-03-2013 02:58pm

It is happening to people with Petrol cars on other forums too.

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 12-03-2013 03:40pm

(12-03-2013 02:58pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  It is happening to people with Petrol cars on other forums too.

I'll have a look, but it does not seem to be happening to US cars (which are all petrol), and if it is, it must be a very small number. Which is why I was wondering.

OK, well went on the "Evoque Owners Club" site and under a thread with this issue, did a search. Of the fifteen pages of posts (excluding people who don't say what their car is, of course) there is exactly ONE person with a petrol car claiming this issue. There are about three petrol cars posts with ideas (but not problems) and two petrol specifically saying they do not have this issue. That's one person. Seems to me an indication that this may be a diesel issue.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 12-03-2013 03:58pm

I have just spoken to Startstone Cardiff with regards to my alarm issue and was informed that they have not had a problems reported with any of the hundreds they have sold. I also pointed the service manager (Stephen) to this forum so he is fully aware of these issues.

I await the software update to fix the problem.

RE: Alarm behaviour - IKM - 12-03-2013 05:41pm

It'll be interesting to see if my dealer denies any knowledge of the issue, given that there's another Aberdeen owner on here who's already clearly reported the issue to them!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 13-03-2013 09:25am

I will say that there maybe far more alarm issues that we realise, I had my car new on March 4th and although I could hear a car alarm both at home and work, I never thought it was mine! No lights flashing and an alarm sound I had never heard before. I never thought that a car that cosy £44k would have an issue until I thought RIGHT I have had enough of being woken up, so off I went to find the culprit to tell them! Then I found out the bloody noise was coming from my car!! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

I now only lock it not double lock it!

RE: Alarm behaviour - MarkLondon - 13-03-2013 09:43am

(13-03-2013 09:25am)Nantmoel Wrote:  I will say that there maybe far more alarm issues that we realise, I had my car new on March 4th and although I could hear a car alarm both at home and work, I never thought it was mine! No lights flashing and an alarm sound I had never heard before. I never thought that a car that cosy £44k would have an issue until I thought RIGHT I have had enough of being woken up, so off I went to find the culprit to tell them! Then I found out the bloody noise was coming from my car!! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

I now only lock it not double lock it!

Re bit in bold; does that work though?

I thought others had tried that to no avail???

RE: Alarm behaviour - scrannel - 13-03-2013 04:26pm

(13-03-2013 09:43am)MarkLondon Wrote:  Re bit in bold; does that work though?

If your charging system is performing properly (software update?) and your battery is really good (not just "probably good"), you shouldn't have to worry about this silly witchcraft stuff. The car should just work.

In 2003 I bought a new Range Rover (L322) and I would leave that car for months at a time, unused, while I was overseas. It always started. Eight years and about 80k miles later the original battery finally had to be replaced. But EVEN THEN the only reason was, it was allowed to go dead by a body shop that was working on the car and left the lights on. But once it was dead, it could not be revived.

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 13-03-2013 05:37pm

(13-03-2013 09:43am)MarkLondon Wrote:  Re bit in bold; does that work though?

Grrrrr the bit in bold does not work!! Its been going off today when just locked.