babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Temperature induced freak out - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Temperature induced freak out (/Thread-Temperature-induced-freak-out)

Temperature induced freak out - daveo - 05-12-2012 08:49pm

Hey all.

Temperature hit -8 degrees this morning and after about 50mins drive through the country stuff started to go wrong.
1. Power steering failed. This occurred ony at low speed, such as stopping at a junction and trying to turn a corner.
2. RPM instrument failed
3. Eco Start/Stop failed

All of the above reset to perfect working order upon shutting down and restarting. However, it was slightly concerning.

Any others with such multiple failure occurring on one drive?

RE: Temperature induced freak out - Bodlyfunctions - 05-12-2012 10:24pm

Stop/start does not work below 0 degrees so that is one you can tick off your list.

RE: Temperature induced freak out - Barton Evoque - 05-12-2012 10:30pm

(05-12-2012 10:24pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  Stop/start does not work below 0 degrees so that is one you can tick off your list.
Are you sure mine was showing -2 yesterday and worked.Confused

RE: Temperature induced freak out - J77 - 05-12-2012 11:09pm

-8 shouldn't have affected it that much, the cars are tested to much lower temperatures.

RE: Temperature induced freak out - Bodlyfunctions - 05-12-2012 11:11pm

WOW really? Mine had to go back into have it fixed and they gave me a sheet of paper with a list of the reasons/times it won't engage, and that was one of them.
I guess it must be a cover to give them allowances

RE: Temperature induced freak out - J77 - 05-12-2012 11:16pm

Below 0 is out with its normal operating parameters but can still work.

RE: Temperature induced freak out - Nut - 06-12-2012 08:25am

Hmm having the opposite problem, with regards to temperature, in Australia! The car was 40 degrees when I got into it after work today!

RE: Temperature induced freak out - cjfp - 06-12-2012 08:41am

(05-12-2012 10:24pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  Stop/start does not work below 0 degrees so that is one you can tick off your list.

and also depends on how much trickery you have running - a/c, heated seats, heated steering wheel etc