babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait (/Thread-If-you-were-considering-getting-an-Evoque-by-June-2013-would-you-buy-now-or-wait)

If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - pn12 - 02-12-2012 01:52pm

We're considering an Evoque as our next family car, and I've seen some of the deals people have been getting on them currently: $65k+ for a well specced SI4, due to the rebates the dealers are currently getting.

We'll probably get a new car (not brand new but up to 2 years old) by middle of next year, so I assume that it will be cheaper to get a MY12 when the MY13s have come out than if we get one now?

Also by say Mar-Apr 2013 there should be more nearly new cars out there.

Does this logic seem sound?

Of course we'd love one now, but if it means saving a few thousand then waiting would be ok.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

PN

RE: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - DefLeppard - 03-12-2012 06:35am

I don't think you would save much by waiting. No real difference in the MY12 to MY13. The MY13's have been rolling out of the factory since August I believe?
You're best bet seems to be the subsidised Si4 the dealers have at the moment. Or an ex demo/in stock car.
Buying one second hand to match your spec requirements might be hard - depends how fussy you are - given the 3million combinations available!

Good luck in your search.

If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - QUEEVO - 03-12-2012 11:27am

My thought would be to get your order in ASAP... It seems you have an eta of your own but why wait??

RE: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - Amadeus - 04-12-2012 07:09pm

There seem to be some MY11 models still out there to be had from dealers along with MY12 and MY13. Certainly if buying brand new to order it's a 6mth wait. If there weren't so many choices it would be a lot easier!

RE: If you were considering getting an Evoque by June 2013 would you buy now or wait - pn12 - 05-12-2012 11:39am

Thanks for the thoughts all.

We'll probably hold off but keep our eyes peeled in case a good run-out deal starts or a suitable demonstrator comes on the market.