babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Detailing - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Detailing (/Thread-Detailing)

Detailing - KaDargo - 04-08-2011 01:02pm

Is anyone getting their new baby detailed on arrival ?(I was a member of the Jag XF Forum before I switched to the Evoque, and a lot of their members did)
Not sure if I can mention the name but some of the results by a Wiltshire firm were spectacular !

RE: Detailing - Blackseries - 04-08-2011 01:48pm

(04-08-2011 01:02pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Is anyone getting their new baby detailed on arrival ?(I was a member of the Jag XF Forum before I switched to the Evoque, and a lot of their members did)
Not sure if I can mention the name but some of the results by a Wiltshire firm were spectacular !

Sorry for being a bit dim ..... but what (or how) is detailing before a car is dirty?

RE: Detailing - DDX - 04-08-2011 01:59pm

When I first found out about this I was quite confused but it makes perfect sense - only if you maintain the car in the same manner and don't use drive through/high street car washes.

between manufacture and delivery the cars get pretty groggy and are only 'valeted' by the dealer prior to customer collection. You would be surprised how bad the paint gets in that short space of time but like I said, its a waste of money unless you intend to maintain it to that level which can be expensive if you're not doing it yourself.

RE: Detailing - xxxx5 - 04-08-2011 05:54pm

Yes I am hoping to have my detailed. I have instructed the dealer not to prep the car, and I will have it trailered to my detailer ready for him to propably prep the car. I dont trust the dealers!

RE: Detailing - Daigriff - 04-08-2011 06:17pm

What does detailing entail and how much does it cost?

RE: Detailing - Rattrala - 04-08-2011 09:32pm

(04-08-2011 06:17pm)Daigriff Wrote:  What does detailing entail and how much does it cost?

My local detailing shop is called polished bliss , have copied a shortcut to the various services and costs. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/detailing-services-service-options.html.

RE: Detailing - mark_n - 04-08-2011 09:43pm

(04-08-2011 06:17pm)Daigriff Wrote:  What does detailing entail and how much does it cost?

Dont know how much it costs but it involves deep cleaning the car and then polishing and protecting the paintwork. It can be quite a labour intensive and therefore expensive process plus some of the materials can be very expensive. Doesn't make much sense to me for a car which is going to be a daily driver and the RRE is hardly a garage queen. But, each to his own.

RE: Detailing - KaDargo - 05-08-2011 09:19am

(04-08-2011 09:43pm)mark_n Wrote:  

Dont know how much it costs but it involves deep cleaning the car and then polishing and protecting the paintwork. It can be quite a labour intensive and therefore expensive process plus some of the materials can be very expensive. Doesn't make much sense to me for a car which is going to be a daily driver and the RRE is hardly a garage queen. But, each to his own.

At the moent I polish, seal, and wax the car - but detailing prepares the car (gets rid of all the nasty swirls and marks the dealers put in!), so regular cleaning and the occasional top off with a wax or equivalent should keep it looking as good as new.

Wouold probbaly cost about £500 inside & out + wheels.

RE: Detailing - griff - 05-08-2011 10:26am

I have my BMW detailed twice a year at a cost of about £250 inside and out. I presented my "clean" car to the chap who does the detailing and he then showed me the dirt which came off when he applied the clay bar - nearly fell over - it was filthy. its traffic film, sap and other stuff a normal wash does not remove that comes off with a detailing. I bet even a new car will still have factory residue on it when you take delivery, even after a dealer valet.

I have a winter detail which helps keep salt etc out and then a spring one to keep off bird poo, sap etc

I find that it helps keep car clean throughout the year and the difference in shine is amazing
Well worth it

RE: Detailing - KaDargo - 05-08-2011 11:00am

(05-08-2011 10:26am)griff Wrote:  I have my BMW detailed twice a year at a cost of about £250 inside and out. I presented my "clean" car to the chap who does the detailing and he then showed me the dirt which came off when he applied the clay bar - nearly fell over - it was filthy. its traffic film, sap and other stuff a normal wash does not remove that comes off with a detailing. I bet even a new car will still have factory residue on it when you take delivery, even after a dealer valet.

I have a winter detail which helps keep salt etc out and then a spring one to keep off bird poo, sap etc

I find that it helps keep car clean throughout the year and the difference in shine is amazing
Well worth it

Is that £250 each time?
You are in Sussex same as me - is it a local firm - might be interested in that - you could PM me ?