babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? (/Thread-2013-Key-Fob-Updated)

Pages: 1 2

2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - JASEvoque - 25-11-2012 01:18am

I have heard/seen rumors that the 2013 key no longer has the glossy finish on the back. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, is it possible to switch to a 2013 key for my 2012 Evoque? The glossy finish drives me nuts -- even my spare somehow has scratches!

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - mark_n - 25-11-2012 05:36am

I agree, the gloss battery cover is hopeless, it is simply not fit for purpose. I raised the issue with "Nick" who was completely useless in forwarding my comments and getting any sort of reaction from LR Product Management who are increasingly sitting fat dumb and happy with the success of the Evoque thinking (incorrectly) it is the perfect product.

Interestingly, I note that LR make spare parts kits for older RRs key fobs, new cases, buttons and so on, which may reflect an issue with the supply of the electronics. But, with that precedent, I think LR should offer new style battery covers as a spare part.

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - BeemerBoy - 25-11-2012 08:28am

Hey

I can confirm the 2013MY key is matt finish front and back. You probably could buy a new back somewhere.... Don't think it will be from LR though, try eBay.

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - cs33wa - 25-11-2012 11:09am

(25-11-2012 08:28am)BeemerBoy Wrote:  Hey

I can confirm the 2013MY key is matt finish front and back. You probably could buy a new back somewhere.... Don't think it will be from LR though, try eBay.

Good news!!! Any picture?? The ETA of my car is around mid Jan, but I was looking for solution all these while to protect the Key fob Smile

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - eddkawasaki - 25-11-2012 11:27am

(25-11-2012 11:09am)cs33wa Wrote:  Good news!!! Any picture?? The ETA of my car is around mid Jan, but I was looking for solution all these while to protect the Key fob Smile

try here

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-MY13-specs-revealed?pid=67476#pid67476

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - WB - 25-11-2012 10:09pm

(25-11-2012 05:36am)mark_n Wrote:  I agree, the gloss battery cover is hopeless, it is simply not fit for purpose. I raised the issue with "Nick" who was completely useless in forwarding my comments and getting any sort of reaction from LR Product Management who are increasingly sitting fat dumb and happy with the success of the Evoque thinking (incorrectly) it is the perfect product.

Interestingly, I note that LR make spare parts kits for older RRs key fobs, new cases, buttons and so on, which may reflect an issue with the supply of the electronics. But, with that precedent, I think LR should offer new style battery covers as a spare part.

Ironically although we get no useful response on here from LR they are clearly aware as they have changed the finish for MY13.

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - mark_n - 26-11-2012 06:52am

(25-11-2012 10:09pm)WB Wrote:  Ironically although we get no useful response on here from LR they are clearly aware as they have changed the finish for MY13.

Indeed, and they probably think they have the issue sorted for existing users through replacement key fobs at something like £150 each + programming.

There's too much shiny plastic in the Evoque which I think a few years down the track will make them look rather tatty.

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - speary - 26-11-2012 09:22am

I think a bit of prespective realignmtnet wouldnt go amiss here. LR customer services are crap because a keyfob scratches. GET REAL Shocked
If it upsets you that much, give it a polish with some T Cut or just keep it in your pocket. Unless of course you like to leave it on the bar to impress Snigger

2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - Jai - 26-11-2012 10:03am

My MY12 came with a matte finish key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 2013 Key Fob -- Updated? - WB - 26-11-2012 10:20am

(26-11-2012 09:22am)speary Wrote:  I think a bit of prespective realignmtnet wouldnt go amiss here. LR customer services are crap because a keyfob scratches. GET REAL Shocked
If it upsets you that much, give it a polish with some T Cut or just keep it in your pocket. Unless of course you like to leave it on the bar to impress Snigger

I agree that this in itself isn't a big issue. The frustration is with the LR CS on the forum which appears to be of the chocolate teapot variety rather than listening and acting on their customers feedback which in this case would be very simply making replacement covers available. Most customers would be very happy to pay the few £'s a new cover would cost...