babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Passenger seat rattles - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Passenger seat rattles (/Thread-Passenger-seat-rattles)

Passenger seat rattles - PapaRod - 24-11-2012 12:50am

Had the RRE for almost 6 months now. Quite happy apart from a couple of alignment glitches so far...and as for today I realised the passenger side seat has à distinctive rattle to it while empty - Unfortunately it makes itseelf heard on each bump I pass. Anyone Else recognice this?

RE: Passenger seat rattles - benzina - 24-11-2012 03:27am

Could be the seat belt buckle tapping against the hard plastic B pillar. Sometimes after a passenger gets outs, the buckle retracts and lands awkwardly in the small gap between the seat and B pillar. Worth a look.... i always check after a passengers been there.

Passenger seat rattles - Stadt Panzer - 24-11-2012 06:50am

It will be part of the wiring loom that's in the seat. Ask your dealer to take off the seat backing and reafix the cable. Takes 5 mins and rattle gone.

RE: Passenger seat rattles - PapaRod - 24-11-2012 04:41pm

(24-11-2012 06:50am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  It will be part of the wiring loom that's in the seat. Ask your dealer to take off the seat backing and reafix the cable. Takes 5 mins and rattle gone.

Sounds about right, not the buckle I verified. Will have to ask the dealer, only problem is the nearest shop is 1000km's away..Big Cry..it'll have to wait 'til service I guess.