babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Meridian - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Meridian (/Thread-Meridian)

Meridian - jetblast - 21-11-2012 12:44pm

How can you tell which Meridian system is fitted to your car.....the 325 or 825

Thanks

RE: Meridian - Straydox - 21-11-2012 01:34pm

If you go to the Sound settings menu and find you have more than just Bass/Treble settings available - i.e. Surround Sound/Meridian Trifield then you have the 825w system installed - and very good it is too.

RE: Meridian - jetblast - 21-11-2012 02:07pm

Thanks
I have the soft buttons to change between "Meridian" "Dobly PLII" and "DTS Neo 6" So I assume I have 825w system........Yes outstanding sound. Don't understand how people seem to think its not as good as some basic systems. I swapped my 09 BMW M3 for the evoque (M3 not practical) and there is no comparison, sound system wise.

regards

(21-11-2012 01:34pm)Straydox Wrote:  If you go to the Sound settings menu and find you have more than just Bass/Treble settings available - i.e. Surround Sound/Meridian Trifield then you have the 825w system installed - and very good it is too.

RE: Meridian - Alex - 22-11-2012 07:18pm

When I first got my Evoque the Meridian system sounded great (I too have the 825w) but I now find the overall tone slightly on the metallic side, it's annoying there is no midrange adjustment to the EQ settings. It's either bass heavy or too bright but hard to get a warm balanced sound. Again for an expensive system they have let it down with just a two band EQ setting. Not sure if that can ever be changed with a software update, but not to impressed by it.