babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My wait is finally over! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: My wait is finally over! (/Thread-My-wait-is-finally-over)

Pages: 1 2

My wait is finally over! - AandM1228 - 26-10-2012 10:17pm

Just picked it up this afternoon. First impressions, I LOVE IT! Scary thing did happen on the way home however, driving down the A14 just outside of Bury cruising along about 75mph and the passenger door comes open and all the lights inside the car come on! At first I thought my son had accidentally lowered the window then I realized all the lights inside were on.... I looked down at the center display and realized the door ajar symbol was on. I pulled over ASAP and closed it but it definitely threw me for a sec. The only thing I can think is when my husband got out he didn't shut the door all the way? But the interior lights were out so?? Maybe it just wasn't latched all the way? It does seem like I have to slam the doors to get them properly shut but I will definitely be keeping a very close eye on them from now on. Also will be pulling out the manual to figure out how to dim the interior lights for night time driving. I thought the dealer had set it to auto but the center screen was REALLY bright.

[Image: yhydyve6.jpg]
[Image: seheny9e.jpg]
[Image: ehama3y4.jpg]
[Image: 6a3egy3a.jpg]
[Image: he8azy4y.jpg]

RE: My wait is finally over! - Craig_d1 - 26-10-2012 10:42pm

Congrats

My wait is finally over! - EpicEvo - 27-10-2012 12:19am

Left hand drive with a UK plate?

RE: My wait is finally over! - Michelle - 27-10-2012 06:35am

Congratulations! I really envy you. It's been almost 8 months for me and still no news of a delivery Crying

RE: My wait is finally over! - AandM1228 - 27-10-2012 07:09am

@ Craig - Thanks!

@ EpicEvo - yeah, I'm exporting it to the US next summer

@ Michelle - Thanks! 7 months? Wow!! I probably would have lost my mind for sure lol. The last couple of months have been so LONG! Hope yours arrives soonSmile

RE: My wait is finally over! - Bowl - 27-10-2012 09:19am

Congrats. Looks really nice. Mine is Fuji white too Smile

There's a thumb wheel next to the tailgate opening button on the left side of the steering column that is used to adjust the brightness of the interior night lighting (except the dome lights). Hope this helps.

RE: My wait is finally over! - scalle - 27-10-2012 10:33am

RE: My wait is finally over! - AandM1228 - 27-10-2012 11:01am

Thanks!

Bowl, thanks! Found the switch I probably wouldn't have found it unless I actually did read the manual. I'm used to the switch being up in the speedometer or tach area.

RE: My wait is finally over! - Bowl - 27-10-2012 03:01pm

(27-10-2012 11:01am)AandM1228 Wrote:  Thanks!

Bowl, thanks! Found the switch I probably wouldn't have found it unless I actually did read the manual. I'm used to the switch being up in the speedometer or tach area.

No problem. To own an Evoque, you just have to think unconventionally. Laughing

RE: My wait is finally over! - xxxx5 - 27-10-2012 04:14pm

Am i missing something here. Car looks non UK spec, (front indicator lights not clear), left hand drive, in a volvo garage?