babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... (/Thread-Finally-Ordered-after-waiting-a-year)

Pages: 1 2

Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - screamingdead - 09-09-2012 12:05pm

Hi Everyone

After a year of reading this forum, I’ve finally placed my order.
A Santorini SD4 Pure Auto with a tech pack & 19inch Style 4 alloys , ebony seats & headlining with the following options:-

Front fogs
Adaptive Xenons
Heated folding mirrors
Auto dip mirror
Reverse parking camera
Auto park
Heated steering wheel

I’ve missed off Privacy Glass as the car is black on black & the auto boot as I’m worried about damaging the boot lid on my garage.

Build is middle of October with deliver in November – this is the most expensive birthday present I’ve ever bought myself.

I’m going to place an order for a boot liner and rubber mats from Duckworth. I just need to decide on whether to get the dealer to fit mud flaps and who to buy gap insurance off.

Regards

SD

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - Daigriff - 09-09-2012 02:04pm

I got my dealer to fit my mudflaps and glad I did. I'm not a diy'er although some on here did put them on themselves.

I regret not getting the auto tailgate. I've got a black evoque and unless the car is clean I get finger prints at the bottom of the boot and end up with dirty fingers!!

Also I originally specced and ordered a pure but changed to a prestige because I'd put so many options on the pure...did you consider this?

Nice spec btw Smile

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - eddkawasaki - 09-09-2012 02:13pm

you can set the opening height of the tailgate.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - screamingdead - 09-09-2012 03:10pm

(09-09-2012 02:04pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I got my dealer to fit my mudflaps and glad I did. I'm not a diy'er although some on here did put them on themselves.

I regret not getting the auto tailgate. I've got a black evoque and unless the car is clean I get finger prints at the bottom of the boot and end up with dirty fingers!!

Also I originally specced and ordered a pure but changed to a prestige because I'd put so many options on the pure...did you consider this?

Nice spec btw Smile

I might still add the auto tailgate, although my wife says I'm just being lazy not wanting to open my own boot Smile

I did consider a Dynamic, but then I would have the Lux pack & that puts me over budget.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - Evo-king - 09-09-2012 05:19pm

What fantastic self restraint.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Prestige Finance and MHC Finance offer GAP deals, their contact numbers are on this site.

Look them up under site sponsors.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - screamingdead - 09-09-2012 06:32pm

(09-09-2012 05:19pm)Evo-king Wrote:  What fantastic self restraint.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Prestige Finance and MHC Finance offer GAP deals, their contact numbers are on this site.

Look them up under site sponsors.

Some self restraint, but mainly down to the fact that no dealer in Worcestershire was interested in selling me a car. I finally took a trip to Ludlow and ordered from Shukers Landrover who had a totally different attitude and a build slot next month Smile

I remember MHC Finance / KAM100 from my days on the Freel2 forum, I'll give them a try thanks.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - NightFox - 10-09-2012 11:11am

(09-09-2012 06:32pm)screamingdead Wrote:  Some self restraint, but mainly down to the fact that no dealer in Worcestershire was interested in selling me a car. I finally took a trip to Ludlow and ordered from Shukers Landrover who had a totally different attitude and a build slot next month Smile

I remember MHC Finance / KAM100 from my days on the Freel2 forum, I'll give them a try thanks.

Only had dealings with Shukers other branch in Shrewsbury, but as sales go they've always been excellent. Didn't order my Evoque from them though as their lead times were too long compared to other dealers, though with the experience I'm now suffering from those other dealers, I'm beginning to think a couple of month's delay would have been worth it!

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - screamingdead - 17-10-2012 05:36pm

I've had an email from the dealer. - the car is built, ready for collection next week or the week after.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - ojonesyo - 17-10-2012 09:23pm

Might I suggest you consider a rubber loadspace mat [with our without a luggage net]. Our experience with a rigid loadspace liner in our Disco4 is that, being a smooth, rigid plastic, stuff slides around, creating a lot of noise. The rubber mat and net are fantastic in my Evoque, so good infact, that we have now ditched the rigid liner in the disco4 and fitted the rubber mat and net. I know that with no vertical upstand, it does not protect from spills so well, but you might want to check out the options that suit you.

RE: Finally Ordered after waiting a year... - screamingdead - 17-10-2012 10:23pm

(17-10-2012 09:23pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Might I suggest you consider a rubber loadspace mat [with our without a luggage net]. Our experience with a rigid loadspace liner in our Disco4 is that, being a smooth, rigid plastic, stuff slides around, creating a lot of noise. The rubber mat and net are fantastic in my Evoque, so good infact, that we have now ditched the rigid liner in the disco4 and fitted the rubber mat and net. I know that with no vertical upstand, it does not protect from spills so well, but you might want to check out the options that suit you.

Thanks for the advice, I've already spent some of the afternoon trying to decide between a loadspace mat and a ridged liner. I was hoping to order a loadspace mat from carmats4u but they don't have a mat specifically for the Evoque. I guess I'll order a genuine mat from Duckworths.