babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sidesteps vs. dents - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Sidesteps vs. dents (/Thread-Sidesteps-vs-dents)

Pages: 1 2

Sidesteps vs. dents - Kimv - 30-08-2012 07:01pm

Can anyone confirm that sidesteps are an effective protection against car park dents? Or are they mounted too low for this?

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - Griff449 - 30-08-2012 07:04pm

I've bought sidesteps but looking at it I really don't think they will prevent dings as the car body still stands proud

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - cjfp - 30-08-2012 07:05pm

+1 - I would say that there is some added protection but they're not going to stop dinks completely.

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - PhilSkill - 30-08-2012 08:49pm

I am interested too, anyone with pics that show how they protrude. Shame I'll not be at Gaydon!

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - Griff449 - 30-08-2012 08:55pm

As soon as my Evoque arrives (better be Mon) I will get my steps fitted and try and take some side shots

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - cjfp - 30-08-2012 09:10pm

Phil - chk here - may give you an idea, will try to get better pics for you.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Side-Steps--4253

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - Evo-king - 30-08-2012 09:38pm

I've looked at those pics.

Now I'm paranoid about damage to the side of my car by the parking buffoons and am weighing up the options.

I have a question, aside from the side steps which seem to protrude beyond the width of the door panel, are those black strips on the door standard or an after fit? Because they have a good deal of depth to them.

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - cjfp - 30-08-2012 09:41pm

(30-08-2012 09:38pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've looked at those pics.

Now I'm paranoid about damage to the side of my car by the parking buffoons and am weighing up the options.

I have a question, aside from the side steps which seem to protrude beyond the width of the door panel, are those black strips on the door standard or an after fit? Because they have a good deal of depth to them.

Std on my pure

RE: Sidesteps vs. dents - PhilSkill - 30-08-2012 10:59pm

(30-08-2012 09:10pm)cjfp Wrote:  Phil - chk here - may give you an idea, will try to get better pics for you.

Cheers cjfp, some pics showing the depth would be great, It must help but depends on the shape and height of the striking door of course. Wonder if you can get black finished ones, since no chrome/silver on mine, may look odd.

Sidesteps vs. dents - cutter7 - 31-08-2012 09:03am

These side steps are fitted so that the edges are flush with the doors and the outer side of the steps stick out about 40mm from the door.

You can have them sticking out further if you wish as there is room for movement on the brackets before fixing.

[attachment=2632][attachment=2633][attachment=2634][attachment=2635]

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk