babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds (/Thread-Ticking-sounds-whilst-at-slow-speeds)

Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - Ezandania - 30-08-2012 12:53pm

Hi guys...its been a while since i checked this forum out, and now coming to 6 months of Evoque ownership. So far hadn't had any issues (touch wood) except for the annoying ticking sounds coming from the wheel area (not sure if its the brakes or suspension doing micro adjustments). But I always hear it when i'm parking the car or pretty much speeds lower than 15kph. Is that normal?

RE: Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - NightFox - 30-08-2012 01:17pm

(30-08-2012 12:53pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Hi guys...its been a while since i checked this forum out, and now coming to 6 months of Evoque ownership. So far hadn't had any issues (touch wood) except for the annoying ticking sounds coming from the wheel area (not sure if its the brakes or suspension doing micro adjustments). But I always hear it when i'm parking the car or pretty much speeds lower than 15kph. Is that normal?

Not trying to be funny, but have you checked you haven't got a stone or anything else stuck in your tyre tread?

Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - gibbyd - 30-08-2012 03:29pm

It's the lower front suspension clicking. Warranty job. Check belvoir blokes posts.

RE: Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - paisan - 30-08-2012 04:00pm

Yep as above, its lower suspension arms known issue. Doesnt take long to fix at all, Dealer should be able to sort it easily and quickly. Mine had the nuts replaced .

RE: Ticking sounds whilst at slow speeds - Ezandania - 30-08-2012 06:33pm

Thanks guys...will take it to the dealers and check Smile