babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Trip Distance Question - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Trip Distance Question (/Thread-Trip-Distance-Question)

Trip Distance Question - Big G - 29-08-2012 09:58am

I may be missing something and I have read the manual and done as instructed:

Press the TRIP button on the end of the left column stalk repeatedly to display the trip data in the following order:
  1. Date and odometer.
  2. distance.
  3. speed.
  4. fuel consumption.
  5. fuel economy.

To reset the displayed trip data, press and hold the TRIP button.

TRIP DISTANCE
Distance travelled since the last memory reset. The maximum trip reading is 9 999.9 (kilometres or miles). The computer will automatically reset to zero if this distance is exceeded.

However I never seem to be able to display the actual mileage done for start to finish on a particular trip.

I never am able to see trip distance as in (2) above?

RE: Trip Distance Question - Evo-king - 29-08-2012 07:25pm

I can't answer this completely from memory, but, the car has a Trip A setting and a trip B setting, I only ever reset trip B for measurement either between refilling or for particular journey measurements.

I leave trip A for overall car life figures.

If you hold down the reset button for about 3 secs everything in B goes back to zero.

RE: Trip Distance Question - defender_uk - 29-08-2012 08:14pm

(29-08-2012 09:58am)Big G Wrote:  I may be missing something and I have read the manual and done as instructed:

Press the TRIP button on the end of the left column stalk repeatedly to display the trip data in the following order:
  1. Date and odometer.
  2. distance.
  3. speed.
  4. fuel consumption.
  5. fuel economy.

To reset the displayed trip data, press and hold the TRIP button.

TRIP DISTANCE
Distance travelled since the last memory reset. The maximum trip reading is 9 999.9 (kilometres or miles). The computer will automatically reset to zero if this distance is exceeded.

However I never seem to be able to display the actual mileage done for start to finish on a particular trip.

I never am able to see trip distance as in (2) above?

If you want the trip per journey, then set the trip to the auto option in the settings o the steering wheel.

RE: Trip Distance Question - Barneyridge - 29-08-2012 11:01pm

Yep, have to switch from trip a or b to auto. The readings for the various options will apply from the start of that journey

RE: Trip Distance Question - Big G - 30-08-2012 09:53am

(29-08-2012 11:01pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Yep, have to switch from trip a or b to auto. The readings for the various options will apply from the start of that journey

Thanks guys - have done that on auto, Trip A and B but when I toggle the trip function using the button,
it displays everything - EXCEPT no of KM travelled? Checked again this morning !!

Maybe dye my hair blonde ?

RE: Trip Distance Question - Evo-king - 30-08-2012 10:01am

Just looked at both Trip A & Trip B readings. Scrolled through both, A shows total miles 1700, B shows 253 miles from last reset.