babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Help ! How do I add an attachment? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Help ! How do I add an attachment? (/Thread-Help-How-do-I-add-an-attachment)

Pages: 1 2

Help ! How do I add an attachment? - LG8340 - 28-08-2012 12:24pm

I am trying to show photos of a modification to an Evoque Prestige but I can't despite trying to cluck on "New Attachment" but the box alongside saying 'choose file' is greyed out.

Neither can I add a photo to my profile.

Am I being dumb or what?

SD4 Prestige Auto 5 door Fuji white with bonnet vents, Panoramic Roof, tan/sand interior.

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - griff - 28-08-2012 12:39pm

You have to click New attachment "Browse" (on left) and link the photo from its file and after that click on "add attachment"(on right)
Cheers

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - NightFox - 28-08-2012 12:41pm

(28-08-2012 12:24pm)LG8340 Wrote:  I am trying to show photos of a modification to an Evoque Prestige but I cant figure out how.

I have tried tapping "add attachment" at the bottom but nothing happens.

Am I being dumb or what?

In the 'Attachments' box at the bottom, click 'Browse' and select the picture you want to upload. Then click 'Add Attachment'. The name of the file should now appear under the 'Browse' box. If it doesn't, look for any warning message about the file being too big or the wrong type etc. Then just click 'Post Reply' and it should work

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - LG8340 - 28-08-2012 12:54pm

(28-08-2012 12:24pm)LG8340 Wrote:  I am trying to show photos of a modification to an Evoque Prestige but I cant figure out how.

I have tried tapping "add attachment" at the bottom but nothing happens.

Am I being dumb or what?

(28-08-2012 12:39pm)griff Wrote:  You have to click New attachment "Browse" (on left) and link the photo from its file and after that click on "add attachment"(on right)
Cheers

Thanks but "New Attachment" has a greyed out box alongside it so there is nothing to click on.
(28-08-2012 12:41pm)NightFox Wrote:  In the 'Attachments' box at the bottom, click 'Browse' and select the picture you want to upload. Then click 'Add Attachment'. The name of the file should now appear under the 'Browse' box. If it doesn't, look for any warning message about the file being too big or the wrong type etc. Then just click 'Post Reply' and it should work

Thanks .... alongside "new attachment" is a greyed out box with choose file inside it. Being greyed out I can't click on it. Any ideas why I can't access it please would be sooooooo welcome.

I'm feeling less stupid now!

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - NightFox - 28-08-2012 01:32pm

(28-08-2012 12:54pm)LG8340 Wrote:  Thanks but "New Attachment" has a greyed out box alongside it so there is nothing to click on.

Thanks .... alongside "new attachment" is a greyed out box with choose file inside it. Being greyed out I can't click on it. Any ideas why I can't access it please would be sooooooo welcome.

I'm feeling less stupid now!

Are you not seeing this (below) with the 'browse' button on the left? I don't know if this forum will only let you add attachments once you've reached a minimum post count. Also, are you using a computer or something like an iPad?

[attachment=2624]

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - LG8340 - 28-08-2012 02:54pm

Thanks you guys.

Sorted.

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - NightFox - 28-08-2012 03:03pm

Glad you got it sorted.

Care to share what the problem was? It might help other people experiencing the same issues.

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - doug - 28-08-2012 03:17pm

I can't post a picture attachment this way. I have to use one of these photo bank sites.
So please let us in on the secret

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - Griff449 - 28-08-2012 04:13pm

I use photo bucket Smile

RE: Help ! How do I add an attachment? - cjfp - 28-08-2012 06:02pm

I resize my photos using the std windows 'email' photo facility and then copy the resized file out of the email.