babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wraps - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wraps (/Thread-Wraps)

Wraps - Nowaytk - 26-08-2012 09:46pm

Just wondered, I have read that people have either had parts, sections or even their whole car wrapped, has anyone had a reason to take the wrap off ? Only reason I'm asking this is because I know someone who had their 3 series conv wrapped for a gumball type of event & on return took off the wrap only to find that where sections were cut/spliced together, the person who done it had used a blade to get "nice" joints ( apparently the sections of wrap aren't big enough to cover large areas ) and therefore left nice cut lines in the paint. I don't know if this is normal or just a case of shoddy workmanship ? If its normal practice, all those thinking, I'll get it wrapped in this colour & then change it back to its original colour might have a bigger job on their hands than expected.
Would be happy to know if there are people out there with no problems at all & my mates car was just done by a chancer.

RE: Wraps - Evo-king - 27-08-2012 02:49pm

I've read about that happening as well.

I was looking at a clear wrap some time back and one of the companies I researched detailed their process and pointed out they didn't use blades because of the potential damage.

I guess it's a case of doing your homework.