babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What the papers say. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What the papers say. (/Thread-What-the-papers-say)

Pages: 1 2

What the papers say. - Blackseries - 26-07-2011 06:13pm

A round up of what the papers say plus some new pictures.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2011/07/26/what-the-papers-say-range-rover-evoque/

A nice Orkney.......

RE: What the papers say. - Charlie - 26-07-2011 07:39pm

(26-07-2011 06:13pm)Blackseries Wrote:  A round up of what the papers say plus some new pictures.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2011/07/26/what-the-papers-say-range-rover-evoque/

A nice Orkney.......

"Land Rover is hoping it will encourage style conscious user-choosers out of their Audi TTs and into something a whole lot more practical"

style conscious? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

RE: What the papers say. - blacktrees1 - 26-07-2011 08:00pm

Wish we could get a definitive answer on if the car shown is Orkney... I think it's Stornoway

RE: What the papers say. - Charlie - 26-07-2011 08:07pm

(26-07-2011 08:00pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Wish we could get a definitive answer on if the car shown is Orkney... I think it's Stornoway

To me it seems a lot darker than Lunar grey if Orkney is supposed to be the same. But then I think LR are making a big mistake if this is Stornoway, a colour not available. Surely the marketing department can confirm either way.

RE: What the papers say. - QUATTROMAN - 26-07-2011 10:38pm

(26-07-2011 08:07pm)Charlie Wrote:  
(26-07-2011 08:00pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Wish we could get a definitive answer on if the car shown is Orkney... I think it's Stornoway

To me it seems a lot darker than Lunar grey if Orkney is supposed to be the same. But then I think LR are making a big mistake if this is Stornoway, a colour not available. Surely the marketing department can confirm either way.

I believe its just the lighting and its Orkney Grey as this picture below is the same number plate but looks totally different colour grey

RE: What the papers say. - brommy - 26-07-2011 11:43pm

Shocked How many shades of grey do LR think are necessary?

RE: What the papers say. - paulus599 - 27-07-2011 08:36am

(26-07-2011 07:39pm)Charlie Wrote:  "Land Rover is hoping it will encourage style conscious user-choosers out of their Audi TTs and into something a whole lot more practical"

style conscious? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

I'm certainly not style conscious, it just comes naturally Cool

RE: What the papers say. - Gorjan - 27-07-2011 09:38am

If you check how much it is talked about colors in the forum, and how much people have ordered it, without test driving it, or reading test drive reviews first, you will realize that they are right Smile style, image...

RE: What the papers say. - brommy - 27-07-2011 11:10am

(27-07-2011 09:38am)Gorjan Wrote:  If you check how much it is talked about colors in the forum, and how much people have ordered it, without test driving it, or reading test drive reviews first, you will realize that they are right Smile style, image...

I agree. Whilst I've fallen for the looks and style (the image isn't bad either!), I can not bring myself to order a car I haven't driven. Looking forward to September or October. Smile

RE: What the papers say. - doug - 27-07-2011 02:54pm

It' Orkney. That's what I like about this colour.
In different lights, it changes. (two for the price of one).

Went past a Jag & LR dealer today. seeing the old Stornoway colour & Orkney(lunar) in the same row. The Orkney stands out as MUCH LIGHTER.