babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up (/Thread-Cupholder-console-cover-sticking-acting-up)

Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up - Lone Rangerover - 10-08-2012 08:04am

The accordian type roll up consolde cover that covers the cupholders seems to stick halfway - and the colder the day the heavier the "nudge" it requires to open. I took it to the dealer where they just sprayed some lubricant in it and called it a day - but it didn't really help. It seems to do it less on hotter days.

Since moving to Hawaii is not in the cards - fixing it might be a better option Wink
Anyone else experience this - and what was the fix ?

RE: Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up - Cedric - 12-08-2012 07:52pm

Leave it open? Smile

Haven't experienced this issue yet, but I can imagine it's quite annoying.

RE: Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up - Lone Rangerover - 12-08-2012 10:42pm

(12-08-2012 07:52pm)Cedric Wrote:  Leave it open? Smile

Haven't experienced this issue yet, but I can imagine it's quite annoying.

Yup - it's really annoying - especially since my last Range Rover sport had one that worked perfectly.

RE: Cupholder / console cover sticking - acting up - Barneyridge - 13-08-2012 06:59am

This is not a fix, but the video shows the actual unit removed. This may give you a better understanding of how it actually works. It does look like there are a rail/gutter each side the lid follows, so maybe the lubrication is the right avenue.