babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Paddle gear shift - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Paddle gear shift (/Thread-Paddle-gear-shift)

Paddle gear shift - SEC - 07-08-2012 11:55am

By my count it's about 6 weeks til mine finally arrives. Yes, it's earlier than originally expected !
In the interim, I've been reading here about your experiences. One thing I've not noticed is much discussion about the paddle gear shift.
Is anyone using it and are there any specific things to be aware of ?
Happy for any feedback.

RE: Paddle gear shift - doug - 07-08-2012 12:20pm

I use it all the time. Some claim there getting better MPG! It's very handy when over taking,as you can drop a gear before flooring it Wink
Also for city driving as the auto mode will keep changing up & down the box for no reason.

RE: Paddle gear shift - RacingSnake - 07-08-2012 08:42pm

another one here who uses it all the time, usually subconsiously too!

RE: Paddle gear shift - rvsvet - 07-08-2012 11:01pm

Also using it all the time. Surprised but happy to find that paddle shift in sport mode gives equal if not better fuel economy to D mode, with better driving experience.

RE: Paddle gear shift - NightFox - 08-08-2012 09:35am

Used to use mine all the time on my RRS, could get much better mpg than the auto box. Worth taking the time at first to force yourself to use it until it's as natural as driving a manual, then you can freely go between auto and paddleshift as you like.

RE: Paddle gear shift - Hamish - 11-08-2012 07:18am

Just got my car last week, i"ve been playing with the paddles, so far so good. I travel down a huge hill every day (about 4-5 K's long) drop back gears for engine braking, no longer have to sit with the foot on the brake all the time. Driving in general using them is pretty enjoyable to boot.

Paddle gear shift - QUEEVO - 11-08-2012 12:37pm

Really liking the options this offers... Will take the advice and do some paddle training tomorrow Smile