babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Order update... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Order update... (/Thread-Order-update--5075)

Pages: 1 2

Order update... - Ian s - 07-08-2012 10:19am

Ordered Pure SD4 auto early July and initial delivery was estimated end February. Just heard that's been bought forward to early November so better off by 3 months. Early Christmas present potentially woo hoo....Very Happy

RE: Order update... - Neo - 07-08-2012 10:24am

Nice one!

RE: Order update... - caroline11000 - 07-08-2012 12:44pm

Great news Ian!

RE: Order update... - Ian s - 07-08-2012 01:40pm

we have ordered the same car as yours Caroline but instead of the tech pack we have the style pack..could you give me any figures on the fuel...Question

RE: Order update... - LonnyGer - 08-08-2012 08:48am

Hmm, wow what a nice surprise, congrats Smile.

I also ordered early July, on the contract it says December or January (but no guarantee for it, of course Wink)

My Audi Dealer told me that cars that have a huge amount of extras will arrive often later, because most of the optional parts are in a "delivery in time" status. P.S. Cars with a big amount of options, like my order, are called Christmas Trees Very Happy

Can anyone confirm this for LR?

RE: Order update... - NightFox - 08-08-2012 09:23am

(08-08-2012 08:48am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hmm, wow what a nice surprise, congrats Smile.

I also ordered early July, on the contract it says December or January (but no guarantee for it, of course Wink)

My Audi Dealer told me that cars that have a huge amount of extras will arrive often later, because most of the optional parts are in a "delivery in time" status. P.S. Cars with a big amount of options, like my order, are called Christmas Trees Very Happy

Can anyone confirm this for LR?

I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised. As you say, a lot of manufacturers run a 'Just in Time' logistics system to keep the stock holdings to a minimum, but if the system works properly there still shouldn't be any delays (hence the name!), irresepctive of how many extras you order, everything should be there ready for the build date. Given the large amount of Evoques being built at the moment, I wouldn't expect any optional item to be a special order.

The only problem is when there's any delay from a supplier, as the manufacturer won't tend to hold any surplus stock so I guess the more extras you order the greater the likelihood is of something getting delayed, but as I say, if everything in the supply chain is working OK then it shouldn't make any difference what you order.

RE: Order update... - LonnyGer - 08-08-2012 09:29am

(08-08-2012 09:23am)NightFox Wrote:  I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised. As you say, a lot of manufacturers run a 'Just in Time' logistics system to keep the stock holdings to a minimum, but if the system works properly there still shouldn't be any delays (hence the name!), irresepctive of how many extras you order, everything should be there ready for the build date. Given the large amount of Evoques being built at the moment, I wouldn't expect any optional item to be a special order.

The only problem is when there's any delay from a supplier, as the manufacturer won't tend to hold any surplus stock so I guess the more extras you order the greater the likelihood is of something getting delayed, but as I say, if everything in the supply chain is working OK then it shouldn't make any difference what you order.

Hmm sounds good, thx for the informationVery Happy.

THe waiting time is very hard Rolling Eyes

RE: Order update... - Ian s - 08-08-2012 04:41pm

(08-08-2012 09:29am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hmm sounds good, thx for the informationVery Happy.

THe waiting time is very hard Rolling Eyes
I know when they told us late feb I was in to minds to cancel ..I'm glad I didn't now the wait as been cut by three months...may be something to do with them working Saturday now...Very Happy

RE: Order update... - NightFox - 08-08-2012 05:05pm

Earlier this week I got my build date of 12 Oct from my dealer (order placed first half of July), but dealer also told me that LR had told them to expect actual builds dates to be earlier than the allocated dates, so all looking good!

RE: Order update... - Tulabb - 08-08-2012 07:11pm

(08-08-2012 05:05pm)NightFox Wrote:  Earlier this week I got my build date of 12 Oct from my dealer (order placed first half of July), but dealer also told me that LR had told them to expect actual builds dates to be earlier than the allocated dates, so all looking good!

Asked my dealer today for the first time when he expects me to get a build date.

He couldn't give me one but told me to expect delivery for end of nov early dec....

Order placed last week of July.