babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Removing battery when on holiday? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Removing battery when on holiday? (/Thread-Removing-battery-when-on-holiday)

Removing battery when on holiday? - zambiaman - 18-07-2012 08:49pm

Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

RE: Removing battery when on holiday? - tplus - 18-07-2012 11:25pm

(18-07-2012 08:49pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

I reckon it will go in "dead"-mode. For 2 months you need an automatic charger wired to the battery.

RE: Removing battery when on holiday? - Edward1111 - 20-08-2013 04:34pm

Well its time to change the car battery that really good because Every European people have changed their car battery especially in that days and I also have changed the battery last week in that days. What do you say about it buddy ?? and if any body wants to share any information about it then please share me dude ?? Smile

RE: Removing battery when on holiday? - PhilSkill - 20-08-2013 05:00pm

(18-07-2012 08:49pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

You may be ok, but it's quite a long time so the Battery may be weak or flat, it'll be good to hear how you get on when you return from Holiday if you would let us know.

RE: Removing battery when on holiday? - scrannel - 20-08-2013 05:08pm

Of course, you should not have to put your car on a changer. If I were you, I would have a load test done on your battery -- or just see what happens. When I bought my car, a 2013, new, I was getting the "two (three?) minute warning". Dealer load tested, declared the battery unfit and replaced it under warranty. Before replacing it they checked to see if my car had received the "charging software fix." (This was during the first week of ownership).

Like all our other cars I expect to be able to go away for extended periods and not come home to a dead battery. If I did, my dealer would replace under warranty.