babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
First damage - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: First damage (/Thread-First-damage)

Pages: 1 2

First damage - paulcon - 17-07-2012 08:18am

Wondered how long it would take the in-bred moron white van driving community on my lane to work to make their mark. Sad

Any tips (apart from carrying a gun)?

Is it a re-spray job? Would it 'polish out' do you think?

[attachment=2508]

RE: First damage - RacingSnake - 17-07-2012 08:28am

Not good Sad
Looks like it might polish out, but the paint will be left failry thin Sad

RE: First damage - paulcon - 17-07-2012 08:28am

9 days old to me my Evoque and the idiot couldn't even be arsed to depress his brake because he was too busy digging into his claw sandwich and trying to find his copy of the Sun which anyone with eyes could have told him was on his dash.

Arrggghhhhh!!!!MadMadMadMadMadMad

Sorry, bleating over.

RE: First damage - RacingSnake - 17-07-2012 08:34am

Bleat away, I know how you feel Sad
If you got his number, report him for leaving the scene of an accident.

RE: First damage - ED209 - 17-07-2012 09:40am

(17-07-2012 08:34am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Bleat away, I know how you feel Sad
If you got his number, report him for leaving the scene of an accident.

"Sorry officer I was driving a big van, I didnt realise I had just scraped a car"

No further action, sad but true!

RE: First damage - doug - 17-07-2012 09:52am

Looking at your picture, the White paint transfer will polish out but can't tell if it has marked your paint from the picture.

Can I say that not all White van drivers are like this. I find it's often the case that car drivers just drive straight at me, thinking that a White company van should give way to there BMW etc...
I'm not saying this was the case with you, but please don't tar us all with the same stick. Very Happy

RE: First damage - paulcon - 17-07-2012 09:58am

(17-07-2012 09:52am)doug Wrote:  Looking at your picture, the White paint transfer will polish out but can't tell if it has marked your paint from the picture.

Can I say that not all White van drivers are like this. I find it's often the case that car drivers just drive straight at me, thinking that a White company van should give way to there BMW etc...
I'm not saying this was the case with you, but please don't tar us all with the same stick. Very Happy

Agreed, mass generalisation.

Not all white van (or even non-white) drivers are bad.

It's every mindless, couldn't give a s**t about anyone else, fecker on the roads.

Hopefully ChipsAway are in the 'work a miracle' business

RE: First damage - cjfp - 17-07-2012 10:33am

Sorry to hear your tale and hope that it does come out easily.

Hopefully Ted was ok and the van driver doesn't say its his fault because he can't see over the steering wheel! Laughing

RE: First damage - WB - 17-07-2012 12:14pm

Looks like it will polish out - if you're not comfortable doing it then find a local detailer (you can find one on detailingworld.co.uk) who will check it properly and advise the best course of action. If you take it to a body shop they may tell you it needs painting when it doesn't. I wouldn't use chipsaway unless you're recommended to a particular person as the quality of their work varies hugely.

Just looking at it more closely - is that on the door pillar or the door itself? Either way it should be ok to polish out but just curious.

RE: First damage - RacingSnake - 17-07-2012 12:21pm

(17-07-2012 12:14pm)WB Wrote:  Just looking at it more closely - is that on the door pillar or the door itself? Either way it should be ok to polish out but just curious.
You're not looking that closely??! it's the wing mirror. Shocked Laughing