babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic leather fibres - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dynamic leather fibres (/Thread-Dynamic-leather-fibres)

Pages: 1 2

Dynamic leather fibres - Rossy100 - 12-07-2012 09:28pm

There are quite a lot of small threads appearing out of the perforations in my black dynamic leather seats. If I brush them (just with hand) they seem to become less visible. Was just wondering if anyone else has this issue?

They look like they could be pulled out or maybe use one of those sticky role things (used on clothing) to pull them out.

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - The Valeter - 12-07-2012 10:26pm

I've had this but they dissapear once the seats have been sat on a few times.

Dynamic leather fibres - Rossy100 - 12-07-2012 10:28pm

Ok cool. Was getting worried! I'm wondering whether to try thy sticky roll thing to pull them out. What you think?
The fibres are white so make the seats look aged.... Not under a month old!!!

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - PhilSkill - 12-07-2012 11:06pm

Had a little of these fibres initially, more so on the passenger seat, but havent noticed anything recently, so think its just some residue from the upholstering.

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - The Valeter - 13-07-2012 12:58pm

(12-07-2012 10:26pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I've had this but they dissapear once the seats have been sat on a few times.

I vacuumed them once when vacuuming the car but it just pulls more out so I leave them now & they seem to vanish in time.

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - Evo-king - 13-07-2012 07:04pm

I've got the same, was considering using the vacuum, now I won't bother. Just use the GTechniq cleaner instead.

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - Eddie - 13-07-2012 07:09pm

I had the same on the passenger side on delivery. Lots of blue threads coming through the perforarations. The dealer said that the inner lining was missing and changed the whole seat. At first they were going to ship the lining to my nearest LR dealer in Germany to have it retro fitted but in the end changed the seat.

Dynamic leather fibres - Rossy100 - 13-07-2012 09:45pm

Sounds like a common issue then that will sort itself in course of time.

RE: Dynamic leather fibres - rvsvet - 13-07-2012 10:05pm

When I saw this on mine, I thought it was a static electricity effect causing the tiny fibres to stick out through the holes in the perforated leather

Dynamic leather fibres - Rossy100 - 13-07-2012 10:09pm

(13-07-2012 10:05pm)rvsvet Wrote:  When I saw this on mine, I thought it was a static electricity effect causing the tiny fibres to stick out through the holes in the perforated leather

It could well be that actually.