babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Navigation and voice command - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Navigation and voice command (/Thread-Navigation-and-voice-command)

Navigation and voice command - daveo - 04-07-2012 12:25pm

Hello all you guru's out there.

Im British living in Germany. The car is set up in English, however, when I try to use voice commands for the navigation system it defaults to the UK as 'country' without asking which country and just goes strait to the address prompt. Is there anyway of changing this default country to Germany?

Thanks in advance

David

Navigation and voice command - Stadt Panzer - 05-07-2012 09:31pm

Dave, same as you! I'll try out mine tomorrow and see what I get. I'll let you know later.

RE: Navigation and voice command - andrey1302 - 05-07-2012 09:45pm

I have the same problem here, I spoke with the dealer and apparently a lot of people are complaining around the world, and apparently LR is working on a software update. However, that said last time I spoke with them about it was in March and still didn't hear anything back

RE: Navigation and voice command - daveo - 06-07-2012 08:40am

Thanks guys. Its limited only to the voice command it seems. Manual input is no problem of course so theoretically its no real issue and certainly no inconvenience. Suddenly we get a new toy to play with and cant use it as intended, so it becomes a problem! Feel like a 4 year old whos mum forgot the batteries to my new toy car... Wink

RE: Navigation and voice command - cjfp - 06-07-2012 08:44am

(06-07-2012 08:40am)daveo Wrote:  Feel like a 4 year old whos mum forgot the batteries to my new toy car... Wink

You best look at this thread then Laughing

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Yet-more-problems-WARNING-LOW-BATTERY

RE: Navigation and voice command - daveo - 06-07-2012 08:47am

oh dear oh dear....