babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wrapping roof - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wrapping roof (/Thread-Wrapping-roof)

Wrapping roof - paulcon - 25-06-2012 08:57am

Not even collected my car yet but already considering wrapping my roof (and spoiler) in silver.

I love black but can't help feeling it'll lift the car a little and co-ordinate well with the silver trim on the font and rear and the wheels (when clean!).

In-case you're wondering it's used which is why I didn't spec a contrast roof, also it has the panoramic

Love to get your opinions as I'm not 100%

[attachment=2416]

RE: Wrapping roof - doug - 25-06-2012 09:11am

Check out this one with a silver roof. Thanks to Kofer.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Anyone-painted-a-Prestige-to-turn-into-a-Dynamic?page=3

RE: Wrapping roof - Kimv - 25-06-2012 02:43pm

I don't like the look of a silver roof with the big black square pano roof. I do like the fact that the pano roof is almost invisible from the outside on a black roof.
A silver contrast roof on black looks nice if it is solid.

That is my opinion.

RE: Wrapping roof - Evo-king - 25-06-2012 09:35pm

+1.

RE: Wrapping roof - mark_n - 26-06-2012 05:23am

There have been lots of people planning to wrap their cars, not sure if anyone has. It's a pretty pointless exercise and with a pano roof, I would in any case keep the "experts" well away from it to avoid any possible damage to the roof. What was the last quoted replacement cost, £2700? Wrapping the roof inevitably means cutting and working with tools close to the roof and it only takes one small nick to start a crack.

Forget it.

RE: Wrapping roof - paulcon - 26-06-2012 09:01am

Cheers for the feedback. Got to say I am wary of the potential colour clash with the pana roof too, perhaps silver is best left to solid roofs.

Time for a bit of photoshopping once I have the car to replicate how it might look