babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Headlight Question - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Headlight Question (/Thread-Headlight-Question)

Headlight Question - Morgs - 15-06-2012 05:13pm

I contacted my dealer as when I am stopped and flash the full beam headlights, I can hear a mechanical sounding noise coming from the headlights. My dealer told my wife (after looking at the car) that the manufacturers had fitted bi-xenon headlights by mistake and not to worry as the noise was the mechanical movement of the flap.

Firstly, I can normally smell bull**** a mile off and this smells like it to me.

Secondly, I am never ever lucky enough to have something for free.

How do I check what he said is correct and that i'm not being fobbed off.

RE: Headlight Question - cjfp - 15-06-2012 05:21pm

What model do you have?
Do you headlights have the signature led's ?

RE: Headlight Question - Morgs - 15-06-2012 05:33pm

Its a Pure and no I dont have the LEDs.

As i suspected someone is not telling me the truth.

RE: Headlight Question - Westy - 15-06-2012 06:12pm

I have a pure and what land rover has done is use one bulb for dip and main beam, the noise you hear is the beam pattern changing, this is operating by an electric flap on a lever, that is what you can hear, no fault just the mechanism.

I also understand that the cars equipped with xenons are the same, that is why the pure with no xenons only list 2 headlight bulbs and not 4 and the xenons only has 2 too.

Hope this helps

RE: Headlight Question - BFGEvoqueMan - 15-06-2012 06:36pm

(15-06-2012 06:12pm)Westy Wrote:  I have a pure and what land rover has done is use one bulb for dip and main beam, the noise you hear is the beam pattern changing, this is operating by an electric flap on a lever, that is what you can hear, no fault just the mechanism.

I also understand that the cars equipped with xenons are the same, that is why the pure with no xenons only list 2 headlight bulbs and not 4 and the xenons only has 2 too.

Hope this helps
+1

RE: Headlight Question - slee18 - 15-06-2012 06:48pm

to add to westy you have to have the projector beams do that even if you dont have xenons or the LEDs.