babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Motorways - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Motorways (/Thread-Motorways)

Motorways - KaDargo - 14-06-2012 10:06am

Why doesnt my satnav like motorways?
Why Can't I pick 'quickest route' - why only green?

I recently tried to set it up for the wife (no sense of direction) to get from home to Tooting - easiestand quickest would have been A23, M23, M25, A217, A297, A24
The only way I could convince the sat nav to use that route was by adding waypoints at each motorway junction.Shocked
What a pain!!

God I miss my TomTom Sad

RE: Motorways - Evo-king - 14-06-2012 01:20pm

How to explain this easily.

When you enter your destination, you will be likely to be presented with 3 route options, 3 green leaves, 2 green leaves and then red leaves etc.

Then in the route option it will show 3 routes, with the one you have currently chosen flashing.

The idea is for it to take you on the greenest/most economical route, I know there is a menu option to either select or deselect motorways, but without being in the car I cannot explain it.

But in essence if you want to use motorways you can, you just have to prioritize it in the settings.

RE: Motorways - KaDargo - 14-06-2012 01:36pm

(14-06-2012 01:20pm)Evo-king Wrote:  How to explain this easily.

When you enter your destination, you will be likely to be presented with 3 route options, 3 green leaves, 2 green leaves and then red leaves etc.

Then in the route option it will show 3 routes, with the one you have currently chosen flashing.

The idea is for it to take you on the greenest/most economical route, I know there is a menu option to either select or deselect motorways, but without being in the car I cannot explain it.

But in essence if you want to use motorways you can, you just have to prioritize it in the settings.

That's the point - I cant find that - all it has is 'display motorway information' I beleive (I too am not in the car!)

RE: Motorways - Evo-king - 14-06-2012 01:39pm

I'll have a look for you later.
OK I'm in the car.

Once destination selected, in this case by postcode, the screen shows Destination & Route Prefs, selecting route prefs brings up the next set of options, Major Roads, Toll Road, Ferry, Restricted roads etc. By selecting major roads, it has brought me up 3 routes with the M'way route being the priority route, but you can still opt for any of the other routes.

Hope this helps.

RE: Motorways - KaDargo - 14-06-2012 03:50pm

(14-06-2012 01:39pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I'll have a look for you later.
OK I'm in the car.

Once destination selected, in this case by postcode, the screen shows Destination & Route Prefs, selecting route prefs brings up the next set of options, Major Roads, Toll Road, Ferry, Restricted roads etc. By selecting major roads, it has brought me up 3 routes with the M'way route being the priority route, but you can still opt for any of the other routes.

Hope this helps.

I take it if selected it turns blue, cos I already did that !

RE: Motorways - Evo-king - 14-06-2012 10:20pm

I've been away, but yes when you touch the screen it goes blue, which as I understand means you have prioritised M'ways.

Check your route options after.

I know it works on mine.