babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Deadliners Dynamic - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Deadliners Dynamic (/Thread-Deadliners-Dynamic)

Deadliners Dynamic - deadliner - 14-06-2012 09:48am

It's finally here! Very Happy I picked it up this morning. It is awesome, (I will post some pics soon).

Meanwhile I have two questions (perhaps there will be more...)

1. When I double lock the car it honks (using it's horn). I thought it would be something like sound from alarm, or so. Do you have the same sound?
2. I have a young dog and he was not yet trained properly. And when I leave my home, I have to close him in his box, then open electric door, go out with my car, close electric door and return to open my dogs box, so he can run around freely. (My old dog was trained not to run outside when electric door was open).
Question: I would like to leave the car outside with engine running, but the doors locked. But wen I try it, it just honks on me (using its horn) and does not lock the door. Can this be configured? Or do you have same behavior?

thanks for answers. Smile

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - PhilSkill - 14-06-2012 02:04pm

Double lock causes a Beep, from the Alarm, not the horn... Maybe different Europe Spec.

I don't think you can lock the car with the Engine running, but never tried,

Generally with ECO start/stop the engine is often stopped and if you get out and lock the car when in ECO mode it switches it all off.

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - deadliner - 14-06-2012 02:59pm

Thanks for info PhilSkill. I triggered alarm (by holding triangle button on fob) and it sounded like horn. So I checked with my dealer and he told me there is no siren in the car. Sad I don't know why. I turned off audible notification of double locking because it is really unusable, cause everyone is turning their heads to see why am I honking. Sucks! First day and first thing which could be better.
Regarding start/stop, I don't have it, because it is not available on automatic transmission.

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - WB - 15-06-2012 11:27am

You must have a different spec to UK cars because mine has a regular alarm siren and "beeps" from the siren when double locked.

Deadliners Dynamic - Rootsboy - 16-06-2012 01:16am

You sure one of the doors was not open when you double lock. The horn sounds to warn you of this normally

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - SebM - 17-06-2012 06:52pm

Congrats !

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - smayo - 17-06-2012 06:57pm

While in the US over the last couple of weeks, a lot of cars over there seem to be set up to honk the horn when locking rather than the alarm chirp we are used to in the UK.
Might be the same set up for the OP's country.

Would be interesting to know how the US Evoques are set up.

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - deadliner - 17-06-2012 08:26pm

(16-06-2012 01:16am)Rootsboy Wrote:  You sure one of the doors was not open when you double lock. The horn sounds to warn you of this normally

I am sure all doors were closed properly.

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - BFGEvoqueMan - 18-06-2012 10:22am

If you go into the vehicle settings menu from the steering wheel, you can enable/disable the "chirp". I only know as the dealer switched it on for me, couldn't understand why I found it irritating and then couldn't work out how to switch it off (no names but don't buy a car from Peterborough!). It only beeps the horn now if a door/boot/bonnet is not properly closed and you try to lock the car.

RE: Deadliners Dynamic - Irad - 26-06-2012 02:21pm

I just got mine last Saturday and I noticed the same thing. When I double click on the "lock" button, it honks. I thought it is to find the car in a parking lot more easily. BMW has a system quite like that that starts the light and even the engine if needed.