babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Have you got a rattle or two? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Have you got a rattle or two? (/Thread-Have-you-got-a-rattle-or-two)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - tetstb - 26-01-2013 12:01pm

More rattles than mother care. Centre console creaks and rattles, tailgate rattles, rattle from behind instruments , all in all I've given up counting and just play the stereo loud but not too loud as the passenger door speaker rattles.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - Wicksy - 26-01-2013 12:03pm

(04-01-2013 01:43am)benzina Wrote:  Lets us know how you go, and if you can take a picture of what you see in there that would be great, as my fix was just described to me by the dealer technician, and i'm still curious as to the set-up inside there. Cheers.
I bottled the diy route and got the dealer to take a look, they have had it twice now and still the noise persists - I now have to book it in for the third time next week but will get a loaner this time round until it is hopefully solved.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - kelvin12382003 - 11-02-2013 03:13pm

HI all

I am expecting my evoque which is arriving in april. is there a way to check or prevent it?

or LR have already changed the parts or asked the ppl to put them together probably?

thanks

kelvin from hong kong

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - SEC - 11-02-2013 10:48pm

(04-05-2012 12:10pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I've got a rattle coming from inside the headlining around the sun visors or where the overhead interior lights and TV reception contraption are - when sitting in the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the centre of the car above but when in the passenger seat it sounds like it is coming from directly above the driver!

Not mentioned it to my local Dealer to get fixed yet - it is much more noticeable above 50 mph and I'm mostly doing short local trips. It can be intensely annoying though so does need to be sorted. I'd do it myself but unsure of how to access the area above - have the panoramic roof too.

I've got that same rattle. First dealer denied it was even there.
Eventually diagnosed as a faulty 'cassette' used to open and close the cover for the pano roof.
Resolving it has meant replacing the entire head-liner, lighting turret etc.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - benzina - 18-02-2013 12:10pm

I've got a slight rattle that has only recently developed,and it seems to be coming from the left rear door. Not 100% sure yet, but after some different process of elimination tests, i have come to find that it seems to disappear when i lower the window a touch from being fully closed.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - MrHooky - 18-02-2013 10:53pm

Two rattles:

1 - Passenger side black gloss windscreen trim surround. Squeaks horribly when pressed down and is very annoying on the motorway. Plan on getting it sorted when in for a service.

2 - Rear tailgate - think it's the spoiler and/or wiper mechanism. Not as annoying as above so happy to live with it.

To be fair our last A5 had a few rattles so I'm not that bothered but still frustrating that such 'premium' cars aren't screwed together properly...

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - PhilSkill - 19-02-2013 12:05am

Drivers side rear seat has started squeaking loudly on bumps, if I unclip it (as if I would fold it down), it stops, but not great to be driving around with this unclipped as in an accident stuff in the boot can enter the cabin area easily... no time to get to dealers at the moment, but at least my fixed rear door card rattle has never come back!

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - benzina - 19-02-2013 02:40am

PhilSkill, can you elaborate on your fixed rear door card rattle? Anything to do with the window mechanism there? cheers.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - PhilSkill - 19-02-2013 04:03pm

H benzina, I did try lowering the window just slightly when it rattled, and sometimes it stopped it, but i couldn't say it was totally related as you could sit in the back seat and press the door card in the middle toward the back and you could stop the rattle, the Body Shop in Stratford-upon-Avon said they removed the door card, replaced the clips, don't know if they did anything else, and since no rattle.

RE: Have you got a rattle or two? - benzina - 20-02-2013 12:41am

Mmmm, o.k. thanks PhilSkill.....it sounds a lot like my one, but next i will have to try what you did,and sit in the back while someone drives, and press the door card to see if it stops. Cheers.