babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenons - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenons (/Thread-Xenons--4125)

Pages: 1 2

Xenons - THEMACS - 26-04-2012 10:18pm

Just nipped out in the Evoque and whilst locking the car and walking away I looked back at it as the headlights were still on and I thought that the Xenons didn't look very bluey like those on my BMW, anyone else think they just look like regular headlights and not very Xenon like?

RE: Xenons - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 10:26pm

Xenon's on my Mazda were very white too.

Xenons - snksnk - 28-04-2012 09:39am

Range rover provides us with the 4300k xenons which are a bit yellowish. I m looking into chamging them to 5000k which are bright white ones..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Xenons - speary - 01-05-2012 08:43am

I am glad somebody else has noticed. My Audi A5 seemed quite a lot whiter.
Not withstanding the colour I have found the headlights to give very good coverage on country roads at night.
The adaptive cornering light are really good especially when turning into dark entrances, driveways etc

Xenons - chiggy - 01-05-2012 10:01am

I'm pretty certain the standard on most cars with xenons are 4300k. Happy to be proved wrong.

I recommend 5000k or 6000k if you want it a bit whiter.

RE: Xenons - Wired - 01-05-2012 11:47am

I recently watched my wife drive up at night on a busy street and I the lights on the Evoque were the brightest and whitest of them all.
I don't see any yellow in them.

RE: Xenons - cjfp - 01-05-2012 01:56pm

I wasn't going to say, but I think my xenons are very white too - difference betweens xenons and adaptive xenons (for whatever reason) ?

RE: Xenons - SimonS - 01-05-2012 03:27pm

When I first tried the Evoque xenons I was convinced that they were more yellow than those in my BMW.... until i tried them side bu side and the Evoque's are bluer than those on the BMW. Strange!

Adaptive xenons point left/right when you turn the steering wheel so you can see round corners (allegedly!).

RE: Xenons - RacingSnake - 01-05-2012 03:40pm

(01-05-2012 03:27pm)SimonS Wrote:  Adaptive xenons point left/right when you turn the steering wheel so you can see round corners (allegedly!).
I read cjfp's comment as the colour of the adaptive vs normal rather than the functions.
But for the record, yes adaptives do pivot, and it's bloody effective too! lol

I must say, I can't say I've thought for a second they had any yellow tint in them Shocked
(adaptive lights on mine)

RE: Xenons - cjfp - 01-05-2012 06:40pm

Yes, sorry, I was intending to pose whether there was a colour difference between std xenons and adaptive xenons (ie have they come from different suppliers and are thus a different shade?)