babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Signed order today - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Signed order today (/Thread-Signed-order-today)

Pages: 1 2

Signed order today - Lucky - 25-04-2012 11:14pm

Very excited
Signed today for SD4 Auto, Pure with tech pack, pan roof, heated steering wheel (?!), Firenze red with ebony. Dealer estimating September....
Very Happy

RE: Signed order today - Straydox - 25-04-2012 11:34pm

(25-04-2012 11:14pm)Lucky Wrote:  Very excited
Signed today for SD4 Auto, Pure with tech pack, pan roof, heated steering wheel (?!), Firenze red with ebony. Dealer estimating September....
Very Happy

Congrats - don't forget to add a spare wheel...

How many orders are ahead of yours at the dealer?

RE: Signed order today - BTS18 - 25-04-2012 11:47pm

+1 Get the spare wheel!!

RE: Signed order today - Lucky - 26-04-2012 06:27am

I didn't ask how many were ahead of me - do you think I should??
Spare wheel - What are the advantages to having this? Wouldn't breakdown assist get me to a garage anyway?

RE: Signed order today - Neo - 26-04-2012 06:41am

It's probably too late to ask about orders in the queue as you have already committed, hehe

I would of thought if you are in UK you should get your car earlier?

RE: Signed order today - Straydox - 26-04-2012 08:59am

(26-04-2012 06:27am)Lucky Wrote:  I didn't ask how many were ahead of me - do you think I should??
Spare wheel - What are the advantages to having this? Wouldn't breakdown assist get me to a garage anyway?

The dealer's orders (i.e. yours) are called off by the factory from the dealer in batches of say 5 to 10 each month - its only then that you get a build date because the factory have acknowledged the order and have put into their planning process. If your dealer has let's say 30 orders in front of yours then you will probably wait 3 months just waiting for the dealer to be able to submit your order and then actual build is a further 3 or so months after that.... So yes you should ask - your sales person just wants your order, the back-office ordering function isn't their concern.

Spare wheel - without this option all you get is a tin of tyre repair goo and a compressor - no jack or anything. If you damage a tyre i.e. a puncture and use the goo then the tyre becomes unrepairable - and they aren't cheap. The spare wheel is £120 - to buy all the bits afterwards is £300. Breakdown assist would get you to a dealer and your would have to hope that they had a tyre in stock - the spare wheel would get you home even if it was fitted by breakdown assist.

RE: Signed order today - caroline11000 - 26-04-2012 09:01am

Congrats Lucky. I would get the spare wheel as the goo stuff messes up the tyre & wheel! Also have you thought about adding front fogs, makes the front of the car look loads better? Xenons are another great option if the budget can stretch that far!

Signed order today - Rossy100 - 26-04-2012 09:22am

Doesn't the spare wheel take up a lot of potential extra boot space though?

RE: Signed order today - broady43 - 26-04-2012 11:47am

Congrats Lucky,I don't have a spare wheel.I had a puncture in the first 200 miles and luckily had it fixed because the nail was in the centre of the tyre,also it wasn't fully flat.Otherwise a new tyre is about £300.

RE: Signed order today - Lucky - 26-04-2012 01:38pm

(26-04-2012 08:59am)Straydox Wrote:  The dealer's orders (i.e. yours) are called off by the factory from the dealer in batches of say 5 to 10 each month - its only then that you get a build date because the factory have acknowledged the order and have put into their planning process. If your dealer has let's say 30 orders in front of yours then you will probably wait 3 months just waiting for the dealer to be able to submit your order and then actual build is a further 3 or so months after that.... So yes you should ask - your sales person just wants your order, the back-office ordering function isn't their concern.

Spare wheel - without this option all you get is a tin of tyre repair goo and a compressor - no jack or anything. If you damage a tyre i.e. a puncture and use the goo then the tyre becomes unrepairable - and they aren't cheap. The spare wheel is £120 - to buy all the bits afterwards is £300. Breakdown assist would get you to a dealer and your would have to hope that they had a tyre in stock - the spare wheel would get you home even if it was fitted by breakdown assist.

Thanks - I called the dealer today. Apparently they have 22 currently in build, with 40 waiting for production slots. Could be a long wait!!
I think I will go for the spare wheel - sounds like a nightmare otherwise. Than for the advice.
(26-04-2012 09:01am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Congrats Lucky. I would get the spare wheel as the goo stuff messes up the tyre & wheel! Also have you thought about adding front fogs, makes the front of the car look loads better? Xenons are another great option if the budget can stretch that far!

Think I will go for the spare wheel. My budget can't stretch to xenons sadly but can I have front fogs on their own?? Will have a look!!
(26-04-2012 06:41am)Neo Wrote:  It's probably too late to ask about orders in the queue as you have already committed, hehe

I would of thought if you are in UK you should get your car earlier?

Apparently they are increasing production over the summer here in the UK but realistically I think I may be waiting until the new year for mine.....
(26-04-2012 09:22am)Rossy100 Wrote:  Doesn't the spare wheel take up a lot of potential extra boot space though?

Good question!