babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is the evoque any good in the snow? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is the evoque any good in the snow? (/Thread-Is-the-evoque-any-good-in-the-snow)

Is the evoque any good in the snow? - ED209 - 03-04-2012 03:48pm

Looks like i am about to find out. Its snowing really heavy here in co durham at the minute.

Blizzard conditions!

Also found out today that the boot isnt really that big, had to give two colleagues a lift home from a training day today and found out 3 cops public order kit bags will not fit in the boot.

They are rather large bags though. It did 2 easy but 3 was impossible.

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - J77 - 04-04-2012 12:38pm

Yes the evoque is very good in the snow was out playing yesterday.

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - hammie2k - 04-04-2012 02:42pm

Yeah mine handled it without missing a beat today. I saw a Q5 and the X3 kicking about today but they seemed to be struggling in parts where I as just placed it in the Snow & Mud setting (for the deep bits) and let the car do the work.

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - mark_n - 04-04-2012 06:50pm

The Hill Descent Control in the snow is especially impressive.

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - deadliner - 04-04-2012 06:53pm

I am still waiting for my Evouque, but from experience, it is all about tires. So if you have real winter tires and not those all season ones, you should be ok.
Also from manual: If the snow is deep, Sand mode works better than mud and snow...

cheers

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - hammie2k - 04-04-2012 10:09pm

(04-04-2012 06:53pm)deadliner Wrote:  I am still waiting for my Evouque, but from experience, it is all about tires. So if you have real winter tires and not those all season ones, you should be ok.
Also from manual: If the snow is deep, Sand mode works better than mud and snow...

cheers

I have the 20" summer tyres on mine and it performed very well. I thought it might struggle but nope just pulled me thought the snow this morning Cool

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - Mudi1 - 04-04-2012 10:48pm

Please try it down an icy road hill (ha), as that I feel will be the REAL test.

RE: Is the evoque any good in the snow? - SiT - 05-04-2012 10:59pm

Arse..! just got back from work in London and missed any snow etc. Maybe next year i'll get the chance to give it a go Smile