babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cherished Number Plates - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Spotted (/Forum-Spotted)
+--- Thread: Cherished Number Plates (/Thread-Cherished-Number-Plates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Cherished Number Plates - evoqueboy - 11-05-2011 11:13pm

I was thinking of getting SD04 FAT! No doubt somebody will snap it up faily soon!

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Chorley car audio - 16-07-2011 07:39pm

I've got this if anyone fancies it for £999
[Image: 5943354057_ffc34dea2e.jpg]

RR08 ABY

Chrissychops

RE: Cherished Number Plates - griff - 17-07-2011 09:51am

(16-07-2011 07:39pm)Chorley car audio Wrote:  I've got this if anyone fancies it for £999
[Image: 5943354057_ffc34dea2e.jpg]

RR08 ABY

Chrissychops
Apart from the fact it is illegal in that format!

RE: Cherished Number Plates - cjfp - 17-07-2011 10:04am

@griff - you are correct as per above view, but don't forget you are buying the reg number (ie RR 08 ABY) - how you then have that laid out on your number plate is your decision, not the sellers.
Anyway, it's only a small mis-space, similar to what I am going to have to do to mine to make it look how i want it

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Charlie - 17-07-2011 11:01am

Don't know about illegal, looks naff though and probably cost £255 from the DVLA in the first place!

RE: Cherished Number Plates - griff - 17-07-2011 11:13am

(17-07-2011 10:04am)cjfp Wrote:  @griff - you are correct as per above view, but don't forget you are buying the reg number (ie RR 08 ABY) - how you then have that laid out on your number plate is your decision, not the sellers.
Anyway, it's only a small mis-space, similar to what I am going to have to do to mine to make it look how i want it
So true apart from the £60 fine and three points for not having it on the car in the prescribed mannerWink

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Daigriff - 17-07-2011 01:50pm

(17-07-2011 11:01am)Charlie Wrote:  Don't know about illegal, looks naff though and probably cost £255 from the DVLA in the first place!

Totally agree with you. I cringe when I see certain number plates...especially those where they place the screw to change the lettering!!!!

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Chorley car audio - 17-07-2011 02:36pm

Griff - since when have the police handed out 3 points for illegal number plates? last i heard was it was a fine and no more.

Daigriff - everyone is entitled to an opinion i guess, its a less extreme version of having to interfere with a plate but your opinion is your own.

CJFP - cheers for the support fella!!

chrissychops.

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Charlie - 17-07-2011 04:30pm

and Charlie........

yes I agree it looks naff

(oh sorry, I don't get a personalised reply as I'm not one of the gents)
Laughing

RE: Cherished Number Plates - Chorley car audio - 17-07-2011 04:56pm

ha ha, sorry charlie, no offence intended.

Look, at the end of the day there's an opinion on what looks 'naff' and what looks decent. There are people out there who don't buy into plates, there are some 'purists' to whom, nothing but grammatical perfection is acceptable and then there are some who like to bend the rules a little and make a fun plate out of an otherwise 'normal' plate.

i should remind you all that we are members of a site called 'baby RR' and RR08ABY isn't a radical departure from the site name.

All that said, if i lay my hands on anything more 'acceptable' to you guys, i'll be sure to keep you posted, but for now, RR08ABY stands.

Cheers for your opinions fellas, keep 'em coming.

Chris