babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? (/Thread-The-longest-wait-of-my-life-is-it-worth-it)

Pages: 1 2 3

The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - leeselee - 14-03-2012 01:35pm

I am currently driving a Mercedes, which quite frankly, I will be happy to say goodbye to.

I live in London and have spoken to every LR dealer that I could find.

Each one said the same thing - give us a deposit and get on the list.......then wait SIX MONTHS!

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was the birth of my child!

I switched from 4x4s to sporty coupes 5 years ago and the Evoque is the first car that has made me want to change back.

Being a typical Londoner, I want everything NOW. I even shout at the microwave to hurry up.....

I have only seen two 12 plates and only a handful of 11 plates.

I have read on various forum posts where people have been lucky enough to get their cars earlier - is this a reality or am I more likely to get a Euromillions win???

I am seriously wondering whether it is worth me waiting until September to get this car or just walk away.

I would only consider a new car, not even keen on a demonstrator.

Is it just London (and the surrounding areas) that is suffering with this shortage? Is there a possibility of getting a car sooner than 6 months?

I am interested in the Pure 5 door auto tech.

I suppose the never ending wait list gives me a chance to constantly change my colour options......Crying

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - BFGEvoqueMan - 14-03-2012 01:47pm

Welcome to the forum.

I like to think I was one of the first to order (April 11) and had to wait unitl the end of Jan 12 to get my car; yes some of it my own fault as I wanted a TD4, but I am not alone - look at the signatures at the bottom of our regular contrubutors.

After my nearly 300 day wait I can hand on heart say it was worth it. It depends on whether you WANT the car (as I believe many on this forum do) or whether you just want to be seen in the latest thing? Only you can answer that questionQuestionQuestion

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - RacingSnake - 14-03-2012 01:58pm

TBH, if you are desperate... there are loads out on the used market now.
Granted you're not going to get much of a discount, but it'll get you the car now.

Edit, okay, just seen you don't want used.

Then join the queue fella Very Happy 7 months for me Smile

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - leeselee - 14-03-2012 02:02pm

(14-03-2012 01:58pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  TBH, if you are desperate... there are loads out on the used market now.
Granted you're not going to get much of a discount, but it'll get you the car now.

Edit, okay, just seen you don't want used.

Then join the queue fella Very Happy 7 months for me Smile

Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - RacingSnake - 14-03-2012 02:03pm

You might get stuff thrown in (not much), but I believe the dealers are still not discounting Sad
And yep... long and expensive it is, but for me at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel Very Happy

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - THEMACS - 14-03-2012 02:07pm

(14-03-2012 02:02pm)leeselee Wrote:  Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......

Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - Kimv - 14-03-2012 02:09pm

(14-03-2012 02:07pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

+1

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - leveller - 14-03-2012 02:11pm

You'll get a LR experience voucher thrown in ...

Wink

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - Cedric - 14-03-2012 02:33pm

I think the only way you'll get your car now is to phone every dealer in the country saying you're willing to take a cancellation and pay a premium instead of getting a discount. Else, get in line, there are only 50.000 or so customers in front of you Smile

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - johnboy - 14-03-2012 02:51pm

(14-03-2012 01:35pm)leeselee Wrote:  

I am currently driving a Mercedes, which quite frankly, I will be happy to say goodbye to.

I live in London and have spoken to every LR dealer that I could find.

Each one said the same thing - give us a deposit and get on the list.......then wait SIX MONTHS!

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was the birth of my child!

I switched from 4x4s to sporty coupes 5 years ago and the Evoque is the first car that has made me want to change back.

Being a typical Londoner, I want everything NOW. I even shout at the microwave to hurry up.....

I have only seen two 12 plates and only a handful of 11 plates.

I have read on various forum posts where people have been lucky enough to get their cars earlier - is this a reality or am I more likely to get a Euromillions win???

I am seriously wondering whether it is worth me waiting until September to get this car or just walk away.

I would only consider a new car, not even keen on a demonstrator.

Is it just London (and the surrounding areas) that is suffering with this shortage? Is there a possibility of getting a car sooner than 6 months?

I am interested in the Pure 5 door auto tech.

I suppose the never ending wait list gives me a chance to constantly change my colour options......Crying
Welcome to the club or should I say queue, yes I drive a Merc CLK and yes I love my car, but once I had seen the Evoque that was it. I joined the waiting list and paid deposit 6th Nov 2011 build date 15th May maybe beginning of June for delivery so 7 months wait for me, but by the sound of everyone on this forum apart from 1 or 2 its worth the wait. So my advice is yes take the plunge and your day will come as I have watched owners on this site get their cars, but knowing one day it will be my turn