babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Would you buy another? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Would you buy another? (/Thread-Would-you-buy-another)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Would you buy another? - J77 - 04-03-2012 04:31pm

Without a shadow of a doubt. I have stuck with the brand through good times and bad and wouldn't drive anything other than a LR. The service I receive from my dealer is excellent which makes it a bit easier if the car develops a fault. IMO LR have got it right, the build quality has improved vastly compared to my Disco 3 which caused me a lot of heart ache and a 3 week stay at the dealers to get a new engine.

RE: Would you buy another? - DT - 04-03-2012 05:12pm

Bought coupe dynamic sd4 auto in sept. same spec hatchback arrives this week. costing £3k to upgrade that should answer a few of your questions.

RE: Would you buy another? - vinny - 04-03-2012 05:44pm

Would buy an auto next time but only if it was 8 speed,same colour and spec except make it a dynamic.

RE: Would you buy another? - Mag1c_dragon - 04-03-2012 06:50pm

Cheers for the info Smile
(04-03-2012 05:12pm)DT Wrote:  Bought coupe dynamic sd4 auto in sept. same spec hatchback arrives this week. costing £3k to upgrade that should answer a few of your questions.

Cheers for the info Smile
I will have to have a think about if we would want petrol/diesel or manual/auto this time . . .

RE: Would you buy another? - Delta - 05-03-2012 06:09pm

I would def buy it again. IF and hopefully *(Crosses fingers) they have the SD4 and manual available up here then I would trade in a heart beat. The dealer said it might be a possibility with JLR brining the Diesel XF to North America. So they might bring the manual/SD4 to North America in the next year or a bit.

There are a few things I would change for sure. I will not get a Fuji white next time, as all the Evoques I've seen in my area are Fuji white.

Also I hate you UK peeps having all the options I want on a Dynamic like your sport seats are HAWT that's not even an option here, neither is a dual screen or the option to take out useless things like homelink etc. sigh.
but yes I would buy another.
That or I just give the RRE to my wife and I wait for the new Jag CX16. O_o

RE: Would you buy another? - invoke - 06-03-2012 03:54am

I'll never ever ever never not at all in million years buy this line. It's more of a status symbol than quality symbol.

Poor workmanship, poor standards, poor R&D, poor material and most of all poor customer service.

Regret leaving BMW. The ultimate driving machine.

RE: Would you buy another? - Aussievoque - 06-03-2012 05:20am

(06-03-2012 03:54am)invoke Wrote:  Regret leaving BMW.

+1

RE: Would you buy another? - whizzer - 06-03-2012 01:35pm

I wouldnt buy another - Had issues / build quality / Its not the "prestige" product I thought it would be

RE: Would you buy another? - Sarcastrix - 06-03-2012 02:11pm

(04-03-2012 01:32pm)tetstb Wrote:  The real problem is the engine and gearbox combo, it needs a bigger engine and better gearbox for me so maybe its just the wrong choice.

I don't think it needs a bigger engine, just a better/more modern engine. (yes, I know the DW12 is euro-5 but it's still a far way behind the Germans).

RE: Would you buy another? - Mag1c_dragon - 06-03-2012 06:29pm

Well surprise surprise, the dealer hasn't responded to my emails or voicemails! Reminding me of the shoddy CS I received when I originally ordered my car. nnot sure if I can be bothered putting up with that again!

Maybe I should just hold off and put a deposit down on a Macan. Let's see if they respond to me when I make an enquiry . . . .