babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
aftermarket headrest monitors - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: aftermarket headrest monitors (/Thread-aftermarket-headrest-monitors)

aftermarket headrest monitors - tokio69 - 02-03-2012 10:19am

Does anybody know, or has anyone done this?

i would like to connect an extra screen in the back for my daughter.
On my previous range rover vogue I did replace the original headrest with headrests that i bought on ebay including a 7 inch monitor.
Now on the evoque i can play a DVD on the frontmonitor with a free TV in motion box. It would be nice if there was some auxilary output somewhere in the car to duplicate that image to a second screen in the back.

If anyone knows some tecnical details about it, let me know. Since you can order that as an option to the car at landrover I think it would be possible somehow.

RE: aftermarket headrest monitors - WB - 02-03-2012 01:27pm

I did the same on my old BMW but for the Evoque I've gone for iPad holders - bigger screen - less installation hassle and removable!

RE: aftermarket headrest monitors - tokio69 - 02-03-2012 08:56pm

(02-03-2012 01:27pm)WB Wrote:  I did the same on my old BMW but for the Evoque I've gone for iPad holders - bigger screen - less installation hassle and removable!

For the screens type, im still looking what i'm gonna do.
I'm more looking about info on how to connect something to the car dvd system

Tom

RE: aftermarket headrest monitors - Tom C - 02-03-2012 11:21pm

My only hesitation on the iPad holders is that it is an invitation to criminals to smash a window, hop in and get the iPads. You could even take them with you...but some of these criminals are going to assume they are still in the car and take a chance. I am not in a crime riddled area...but there are opportunists everywhere....

Tom

RE: aftermarket headrest monitors - tokio69 - 03-03-2012 09:28am

That where the privacy glas commes in hand.