babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Two months from Order to Delivery! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Two months from Order to Delivery! (/Thread-Two-months-from-Order-to-Delivery)

Two months from Order to Delivery! - Sarcastrix - 24-02-2012 01:59pm

Thought it was about time I posted up details of my order and I know a few of you are going to hate me for it .... It's only taken 1 month from me specing the car to getting a factory completion date of 19th March 2012. When I pick the car up it will be the first time I've even been into the dealership Shocked Maybe they've confused me with someone else or having a joke at my expense - I will turn up to collect on April the 1st and they will say - Surprise!!! Twisted Evil

Anyhow I had planned for, and expected delivery in the summer not March/April so will now have to sell my current car PDQ Banging Head

Anyhow, here's the Spec:

LHD RR EVOQUE COUPE SD4 DYNAMIC AUTO
Fuji
Vortex Dynamic seats
Adaptive Dynamics
Privacy Glass
Panny Roof
Adaptive Xenons
20" Style 6 summer wheels
19" Style 3 wheel wheels
Auxiliary Heater
Auto-dimming Interior Mirror
Loadspace Stowage Rails
Illuminated tread plates
EBONY MORZINE Headlining
Bench Seat
380 watt Audio, with DAB, BT etc
HDD Premium Nav with TMC
SWYS Voice Control
Electric Tailgate
Parking front & rear camera
Cold Climate Pack: Heated Steering Wheel & Heated Washers etc.

The only reason why I think it's been so quick is because it's a military order (ie: get the cash off him quick, before someone puts a cap in ass) Laughing

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - LDT - 24-02-2012 02:19pm

No one will hate you, but many will hate the unfair system!

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - THEMACS - 24-02-2012 02:59pm

(24-02-2012 02:19pm)LDT Wrote:  No one will hate you, but many will hate the unfair system!

I might if I don't get meine before you!!Evil Laughing

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - rchrdleigh - 24-02-2012 07:32pm

Could well have been lucky and picked up a cancelled order where the dealer had held the build slot in the hope/expectation of being able to fill with a new customer.

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - Evo-king - 24-02-2012 10:22pm

Now here's a radical suggestion, for every cancelled order, the oldest by date, order in the holding pool picks up that slot.

Oops to sensible to ever happen

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - Sarcastrix - 25-02-2012 09:08am

BTW, it's a LHD car coming from a UK dealer so I'll have 'nice' 2000km drive home.

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - WorldTraveler - 26-02-2012 01:25pm

LHD explains the quick turn-around, 75% of all cars coming off the line are LHD.

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - Sarcastrix - 26-02-2012 02:36pm

(26-02-2012 01:25pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  LHD explains the quick turn-around, 75% of all cars coming off the line are LHD.

I concur, i've been telling forum members that for ages; Fuji LHD cars are pumped by the 1000s. Cool

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - Sarcastrix - 08-03-2012 06:24pm

Car is at the dealers, have the VIN & Reg number - Just need insurance and a flight to pick it up, oh and less snow!

RE: Two months from Order to Delivery! - jojosr - 08-03-2012 07:35pm

Ordered 26th February and still waiting for production time....
I am Slovak, but ordered by Denzel Austria...
Let u know....