babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
I've got a date! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: I've got a date! (/Thread-I-ve-got-a-date)

I've got a date! - Straydox - 24-02-2012 01:32pm

Had a call from the dealer today to say 11th May is the build date - with recent experience with other orders placed that the date could go either way bought forward/slip back. ProgressVery Happy

Order was placed 8th December 2011.

RE: I've got a date! - MartinP - 24-02-2012 01:45pm

That's good news Straydox at least you have made a bit of progress. I'm still waiting for mine!

RE: I've got a date! - The Valeter - 24-02-2012 03:48pm

I'm surprised they can be that presice given it is 2.5 months away?

RE: I've got a date! - Straydox - 24-02-2012 03:57pm

(24-02-2012 03:48pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I'm surprised they can be that presice given it is 2.5 months away?

It will just be a slot in the build plan that will initiate the scheduling process of getting a body shell built and incremental call-off's fron the OEM suppliers for all the components.

It maybe indicative the LR have got to grips with the scheduling process further out on the time line with the supply chain as it isn't just the physical assembling part of the build that's difficult to accelerate but also all the OEM component suppliers too. I do have a memory of a automotive plant assembly planner saying to me "it isn't like turning on a *****g tap you know!". A fair point.