babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
360 camera - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 360 camera (/Thread-360-camera)

360 camera - nctran19 - 23-02-2012 06:50am

Is it just me, or is the quality of the cameras on the Evoque a bit undesirable?? watching DVDs, the quality of the screen is great but when the cameras are switch on, it just seems fuzzy and sort of pixelated. Some of the other cameras on Nissan or Lexus are very clear. Is it possible to upgrade our cameras at all?

RE: 360 camera - dandavis1 - 23-02-2012 09:05am

(23-02-2012 06:50am)nctran19 Wrote:  Is it just me, or is the quality of the cameras on the Evoque a bit undesirable?? watching DVDs, the quality of the screen is great but when the cameras are switch on, it just seems fuzzy and sort of pixelated. Some of the other cameras on Nissan or Lexus are very clear. Is it possible to upgrade our cameras at all?

I find the camera to be very good. But to be fair, they're very small and need to work in bright sunlight and near darkness, so I wouldn't be expecting HD quality.

If you have surround cameras, the pixellation is probably as a result of them being resized to fit on the screen - try having them fullscreen.

360 camera - Ezandania - 23-02-2012 01:14pm

Slightly off-topic, does the surround camera work at any speed? I've only seen it being used during parking, off-road and reverse (all seemingly done on low speeds)

RE: 360 camera - Emiel - 23-02-2012 01:31pm

(23-02-2012 01:14pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, does the surround camera work at any speed? I've only seen it being used during parking, off-road and reverse (all seemingly done on low speeds)

Last week I was making a testdrive in my car and used the surround camera's on the highway.
Very Happy