babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Remote cabin heating/ventilation (/Thread-Remote-cabin-heating-ventilation)

Pages: 1 2

Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Gorjan - 05-06-2011 08:47am

Hi All,

What do you all think about the remote heating/ventilation option? It also includes the timed vent/heating so you can program it to do it's thing at different times for each day of the week..so the vehicle will be already comfy when you get in the morning. It also comes with a separate remote that has longer range 2-way communication with the vehicle so you can start the process when you are far from it. It sounds pretty cool, but can it really preheat/vent the cabin efficiently? Maybe if someone had this on a previous car can comment.

It is quite an expensive option but maybe nice.

Thanks,
Gorjan

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Alex - 06-06-2011 07:57am

I did not know the Evoque came with that, is that what's called the Parking Heater?

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - vision*R - 06-06-2011 08:51am

Yes it is. Check http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-parking-heaters-work-14906.html
It's practically a separate engine that works with the fuel of your regular engine.
Quite popular (almost standard) in Northern Europe where it really lengthens the lifespan of your engine.

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Alex - 06-06-2011 09:15am

Thanks for the reply but don't some car manufacturers only include that feature depending on where the car is located or being made for.

For instance Ford do not include parking heaters on their cars for the UK but include them on the same models for Europe or Northern Europe. So was not sure if that was the same with Evoque line-up as it does not get that cold in the UK in comparison.

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - griff - 06-06-2011 09:35am

Is this an option - not seen it anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Charlie - 06-06-2011 10:04am

The climate control only appears to be available as part of the Lux pack, can't see it as a stand alone option, can't see remote heating anywhere.

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - vision*R - 06-06-2011 10:39am

In Belgium it's a stand alone option as we don't have a Lux pack. Heavily priced though: € 1650.
As a matter of fact I think only the UK has a Lux pack, so it will be a standalone option in most countries.

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Alex - 07-06-2011 02:43pm

LUX pack only includes recirculating as added the feature for climate control (where climate control is standard in all Evoques).

In the manual online it has a section on this and is only relevant if the Evoque has a parking heater installed (which I think is what you are referring to above). If installed it comes with remote for controlling the heating to the from say indoors of your home (assume to warm up the vehicle before you get in on cold mornings). Also comes with a programming function on the touch screen.

As parking heater is not an option in the UK brochure assume it's omitted to UK vehicles.

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - vinda - 02-07-2011 01:27am

Have it in the new x3. Pretty cool

RE: Remote cabin heating/ventilation - Acwats - 02-07-2011 08:32am

(02-07-2011 01:27am)vinda Wrote:  Have it in the new x3. Pretty cool

A cool heaterConfused:Laughing I'd take it back