babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Locked Order - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Locked Order (/Thread-Locked-Order)

Locked Order - gashead - 13-02-2012 03:47pm

My dealer tells me that my order is now locked (from Feb 1). Does anybody know in reality what this means for potential delivery date?

RE: Locked Order - Donny Dog - 13-02-2012 04:21pm

(13-02-2012 03:47pm)gashead Wrote:  My dealer tells me that my order is now locked (from Feb 1). Does anybody know in reality what this means for potential delivery date?

Presumably it means that you can no longer make changes to the order. If so, this implies a build date of about 1 March, and delivery within a couple of weeks thereafter. But why not ask your dealer? He should be able to give you a specific build date now.

(My build date is 24 February, and my dealer tells me that cars are coming through about seven days after build date at present, so I'm hoping for very early March).

RE: Locked Order - gashead - 13-02-2012 06:00pm

(13-02-2012 04:21pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Presumably it means that you can no longer make changes to the order. If so, this implies a build date of about 1 March, and delivery within a couple of weeks thereafter. But why not ask your dealer? He should be able to give you a specific build date now.

(My build date is 24 February, and my dealer tells me that cars are coming through about seven days after build date at present, so I'm hoping for very early March).

My dealer by chance has just contacted me to inform that my car has a build date of this Friday so will be ready for me on Mar 1st. Good newsVery Happy

RE: Locked Order - The Valeter - 13-02-2012 09:18pm

My last change to order/spec etc is on Wednesday so I guess that means "Order Locked". Build scheduled for March the 9th.

RE: Locked Order - Donny Dog - 13-02-2012 09:44pm

(13-02-2012 09:18pm)The Valeter Wrote:  My last change to order/spec etc is on Wednesday so I guess that means "Order Locked". Build scheduled for March the 9th.

That's closer to the month between the two dates I was advised. The previous poster seems to have been able to amend his order much closer to the build date for some reason.

RE: Locked Order - The Valeter - 13-02-2012 09:46pm

(13-02-2012 09:44pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  That's closer to the month between the two dates I was advised. The previous poster seems to have been able to amend his order much closer to the build date for some reason.

You would think it would be a uniform thing!

RE: Locked Order - gashead - 13-02-2012 11:09pm

(13-02-2012 09:46pm)The Valeter Wrote:  You would think it would be a uniform thing!

Not sure if I have just been lucky. I ordered on 14/9/11 and asked for March 1st delivery. Made a change to spec in Jan but the dealer has always been confident of my delivery day.

RE: Locked Order - The Valeter - 14-02-2012 12:39am

(13-02-2012 11:09pm)gashead Wrote:  Not sure if I have just been lucky. I ordered on 14/9/11 and asked for March 1st delivery. Made a change to spec in Jan but the dealer has always been confident of my delivery day.

You ordered 2 weeks before me then (1st Oct),