babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? (/Thread-Drivers-seat-cushion-collapsed-Anyone-got-this-problem)

Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - colski - 03-02-2012 01:37am

Hi guys

I bought my evoque from a dealer after it was returned by the first owner (for financial reasons). When I got it, it was perfect apart from this wrinkling on the side support on the driver's seat (bum bit). Since it's leather I guessed it was natural. In the last week or so, the firm support that wraps around the side of your leg has gone soft and i'm feeling something hard through the cushion. I can feel (through the gap on the side of the seat that it's part of the seat frame and am feeling it because the foam/padding is not thick enough to remain firm etc.

Anyone got this? The support on the drivers' left side is fine and passenger seat fine too.

Thanks guys
C

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - EVO PUNDITT - 03-02-2012 09:37am

This was the case with the pre-production cars,due to the amount of people getting in and out of the cars. But for yours to go so soon is a surprise

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - BFGEvoqueMan - 03-02-2012 01:34pm

Have a chat to the stealers; that looks worse than my four year Focus' leather seats

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - caroline11000 - 03-02-2012 01:41pm

mine has gone a bit wrinkly but not noticed any collapse of the cushion!

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - Sarcastrix - 03-02-2012 02:00pm

(03-02-2012 01:41pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  mine has gone a bit wrinkly but not noticed any collapse of the cushion!

There's a joke there, somewhere Laughing

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - PhilSkill - 03-02-2012 02:51pm

The side support does look like it'll take a beating over time as it's quite high to get in without leaning on it so expecting it to get quite creased. But if you can feel something hard then I'd take that back. Something we'll have to watch with time.

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - caroline11000 - 03-02-2012 03:19pm

(03-02-2012 02:00pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  There's a joke there, somewhere Laughing
Laughing

RE: Drivers seat cushion collapsed? Anyone got this problem? - WB - 06-02-2012 11:31am

I think I may have a similar issue with the upper side bolster on my drivers seat (the right hand one as you sit in the car) - seems to have lost its shape somewhat - may be the foam/padding - will take a pic and post to see if anyone else has similar.