babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec (/Thread-How-Long-Before-Build-Can-I-Change-Spec)

Pages: 1 2

How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - THEMACS - 23-01-2012 11:18pm

Just wondered if anyone knew how long before build I can change spec? Nothing major, just slight interior amendmentVery Happy

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - The Valeter - 23-01-2012 11:21pm

(23-01-2012 11:18pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Just wondered if anyone knew how long before build I can change spec? Nothing major, just slight interior amendmentVery Happy

About 3 weeks before actual build date or at least that is the case with me.

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - THEMACS - 23-01-2012 11:30pm

Thanks, might be ok then, although I haven't got a clue of the build date despite asking numerous timesCrying

Not too bothered if it pushes it back a couple of weeks if we get what we wantVery Happy

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - Ranger4 - 23-01-2012 11:56pm

I would check with your dealer ASAP if I were you, as mine build date has been constantly creeping forward and is now 2 weeks earlier than originally planned.

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - THEMACS - 24-01-2012 12:08am

(23-01-2012 11:56pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  I would check with your dealer ASAP if I were you, as mine build date has been constantly creeping forward and is now 2 weeks earlier than originally planned.

When was yours and what has it moved to?

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - Ranger4 - 24-01-2012 01:30am

It was 8th feb, initially, and then it moved to 2nd feb, then 30th Jan and have just found out today that it's now 25th Jan (tomorrow!). I did want to change the wheels but have had no luck at all, especially now the build has crept forward.

You dealer should be able to see your order on his computer and give you a date?

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - sethor - 24-01-2012 07:41am

I was told a month before build slot, but I won't leave anything to last minute as my build slot moved up 8 days.

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - caroline11000 - 24-01-2012 11:05am

on my factory order form I had up to 5 weeks before build to change spec.

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - PAT - 24-01-2012 04:45pm

4 weeks before build date for me too.

RE: How Long Before Build Can I Change Spec - HeyBert - 24-01-2012 05:49pm

Interestingly, I wanted to add Privacy Glass to my order only last week (build date 16th March - 2 months away) to be told by my dealer that it would add another week to my build date. So I rang LR Customer Services to query this in attempt to have them honor the original date to be told I was "lucky" as they are advising people making changes to confirmed build dates that it will add another month to the build date.

This is the only change I've tried to make, and whilst I had little choice but to accept the proposed extension, I'm still left feeling as if neither my dealer, nor LR Customer Services have a clue whats going on.

I've rang LR Customer Services today with my "M" number, requesting confirmation of the build date to test my dealers view, to be told they can only get back to me next week with the required information.

I'm bemused why this takes so long Rolling Eyes

(24-01-2012 04:45pm)PAT Wrote:  4 weeks before build date for me too.