babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? (/Thread-Anyone-fitted-black-bonnet-lettering)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - Pedalpower - 17-01-2012 09:52pm

Has anyone changed the 'Range Rover' badges for the gloss black ones a few companies are selling, according to the website http://www.powerfuluk.com/ they do not have the templates in stock (been like that for 2 months), so don't fancy buying from them and doing the alignment myself with masking tape. Does anyone else do them ?

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - anton - 17-01-2012 10:28pm

I havn,t seen anybody else selling them,without the templates i think it could be quite a painstaking job to do,failing that take it to a body shop to take them off and re apply the new ones they will make a better job of it.

Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - DDX - 18-01-2012 06:45am

It's something that I want to do, but like you, have been waiting for them to get the templates in stock.

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - chiggy - 18-01-2012 06:58am

ebay has plenty for sale - black lettering.

someone in the states already did it on their evoque I believe... looked pretty good.

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - SebM - 18-01-2012 11:04am

(18-01-2012 06:45am)DDX Wrote:  It's something that I want to do, but like you, have been waiting for them to get the templates in stock.

I am waiting also... so long... Sad

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - Big Dave - 18-01-2012 11:10am

I've been really tempted to do this since the day I got mine, I think it would look much better but I can't be trusted with delicate jobs and so I'm waiting until I find someone to do it properly for me!

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - Pedalpower - 18-01-2012 12:03pm

i def dont fancy doing without the template !, not sure why that company seems to be able to get the letters but not the paper templates !. My car is coming in white, so black lettering will look great, but not if the letters are on the wonk ! Smile

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - Token - 18-01-2012 03:05pm

I saw one with it done in Courchevel recently on an Orkney Grey model and it looked fantastic

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - GibEvoque - 18-01-2012 03:07pm

(18-01-2012 03:05pm)Token Wrote:  I saw one with it done in Courchevel recently on an Orkney Grey model and it looked fantastic

has anyone just removed the badges? would be interested to see what this would look like.

RE: Anyone fitted black bonnet lettering ? - sco77harris - 21-01-2012 12:00am

have to admit im tempted

http://www.supertweaks.com/range-rover/range-rover-evoque/range-rover-evoque-badges-lettering/range-rover-evoque-black-front-bonnet-lettering