babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Audio questions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Audio questions (/Thread-Audio-questions)

Audio questions - andyuk - 06-01-2012 09:24am

Hi there just a couple of Q's regarding the audio system.

1. Will the stereo recognise Apple Lossless files via a USB drive or do I have to convert them to the lower bit rate MP3?

2. If you copy a CD to the hard drive does it save it as the same quality as a CD or will the hard drive compress the songs to lower quality MP3's?

Thanks
Andy

RE: Audio questions - PhilSkill - 06-01-2012 11:06am

Look in the in car electronics section for lots of info on the audio

1. No, MP3, WMA
2. Yes, direct copy thats why only 10 CD's

RE: Audio questions - andyuk - 06-01-2012 09:11pm

Thanks!

I don't have the booklet yet as my car goes to build next week!

Andy

Audio questions - gomark - 06-01-2012 11:14pm

I've loaded my iTunes library onto a USB drive. Just locate the sound files on your PC / Mac and then copy them across onto the USB. No converting necessary. The file / folder structure remains the way that the tracks are sorted. Only downside is you don't have playlists. Much better sound than through Bluetooth.

RE: Audio questions - andyuk - 06-01-2012 11:46pm

Yes but I import all my songs to ITunes using Apple Lossless as I prefer the quality rather than importing as standard mp3's but most devices don't support Apple Lossless unless it's an Apple device.

RE: Audio questions - Trax - 07-01-2012 12:26am

I use lossless cd's onto iTunes, then onto an ipod! It works a treat. Sounds great using good quality recordings through the great sound system.

Audio questions - gomark - 07-01-2012 03:08am

(06-01-2012 11:46pm)andyuk Wrote:  Yes but I import all my songs to ITunes using Apple Lossless as I prefer the quality rather than importing as standard mp3's but most devices don't support Apple Lossless unless it's an Apple device.

Most of my library is downloaded directly from the iTunes store so I believe is served up as lossless. Sure there are cheaper ways. Just lazy!

RE: Audio questions - pugracer - 07-01-2012 08:59am

(07-01-2012 03:08am)gomark Wrote:  Most of my library is downloaded directly from the iTunes store so I believe is served up as lossless. Sure there are cheaper ways. Just lazy!

If it's from iTunes store, it's 256kbps AAC. It's not lossless.

(06-01-2012 11:14pm)gomark Wrote:  I've loaded my iTunes library onto a USB drive. Just locate the sound files on your PC / Mac and then copy them across onto the USB. No converting necessary. The file / folder structure remains the way that the tracks are sorted. Only downside is you don't have playlists. Much better sound than through Bluetooth.

Sound from BT has the D/A conversion done in the iPhone. The BT link just replaces an analogue audio cable between iPhone and the stereo. Thus, the sound is worse than a USB connection.